• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ongoing Campaign - the Hundred Years Old

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
OK, the title is lacking some artistry :blink

How about an ongoing campaign where the builds cannot be anything newer than 100 years?

For example - Episode 1 of the campaign would be from 1-Jan-2014 to 31-Dec- 2014. To qualify, the model must be something that depicts anything in existence prior to 31-Dec-1914. Episode 2 would be the next year and so on ...

What do the esteemed members of the MA think? Spare no criticism :fencing

Not a bad idea Wulf, but kinda narrow in scope in modeling subjects. Not many of us model subject outside of that 100 year time frame, and I bet it would be a task to find subjects in kit form that meet that requirement.

Let's see what others thing.

Good point, I agree. Would mean sticking to the same kit or so, until the next big thing came along, or a lot of scratch building.

I suppose the whole idea was around an ongoing campaign or similar.

How about the "Round the World in 80 Models" - big Jules Verne fan here :D

Those who are interested would have to model something from a certain country. To make it interesting, the management team could chose some countries that would cover the round the world thing e.g. - USA - Germany - Russia - Japan or Canada - France - Egypt - China and so on, and those who wish to participate would cover these with their models.

Sorry if I don't make much sense, it's 1 AM and I am still fighting that scratch built :blink :S :hmmm

Those who are interested would have to model something from a certain country. To make it interesting, the management team could chose some countries that would cover the round the world thing e.g. - USA - Germany - Russia - Japan or Canada - France - Egypt - China and so on, and those who wish to participate would cover these with their models.

Not a bad idea, but instead of management getting involved(read: not having to do any work), the builder picks a subject from representing their nation.

Back