• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Down Under Challenge

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Here's an idea ... bit unconventional :gogo

Any of you gentlemen interested in putting some models on the table at the competitions down under? :silly:

I am thinking that if you are interested, you could perhaps send a sample of your fine achievements to yours faithfully, I'll register the gems for the upcoming events where I will also participate. I can think of at least 3-4 competitions - Sydney, Illawarra, Adelaide, Canberra, possibly Brisbane and Melbourne too.

I will take them to the expo's, pay the registration and send it back to you at my expense.

Please let me know what you think.

We can also do the Globe Trotter / Roaming models Challenge or something .... since we are all from various countries we can send models to one another for these expo's, then all packed and sent to the next one and so on.

Would be a nice way to promote the amazing skills here, showcase the masterpieces to places where keen modellers have never had the pleasure to see the Masters' work and also promote the Modelers' Alliance globally.

I have always been known for having stupid ideas, perhaps this is one of them, but maybe it's worth a shot :D

I think this a cool idea!

We will have to put one of these next to the entries.

hdc5346e.jpg

Thanks Terry,

I'll start putting together a list of the competitions, dates, etc.

in 2013 we had:

- Illawarra - May
- Adelaide - October
- Sydney - November
- Canberra - November

I know Melbourne is usually in June, think Brisbane is October as well.

Should this get some support, I'll start digging deeper. B)

Depending upon finances, I may be able to make it across the ditch to one of the November shows :coolio

Ian

Back