• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Golden Age of Aviation

dewertus

Pals,
So far, the majority of the campaign are a "combat" themes, what do you think about creation the "not military" campaign?

Crazy 20' and 30' years is a wonderful period in the civil aviation development: the first flights of public transport, record-breaking, rallies and racing - I propose to create a campaign: Golden Age of Aviation

I love that era, it's mind boggling when you think of the technological leaps and bounds that were made during that time. From string bag kites with motors on them to pressurized all metal monowings. I'm in!

I'd be very interested in this but don't want to commit to something just yet. I have quite a few kits in the stash that would fit into this category!

:hmmm

V-77-StinsonGullwing.jpg

stinson03.jpg

sstbLairdSuperSolutionGallery220084.jpg

ss_10oc.jpg

OH-ALL_Kaleva_1930s.jpg

nr57.jpg

NA149-600Border.jpg

moments_and_milestones_travel_air_mystery_FLASH.jpg

mailplane_300.jpg

A few pictures of polish "Golden Age of Aviation" - I'm curious how you go with recognize planes on the photos (as a hint: aircraft gained in their respective years a international acclaim)

z14510231V,81-lat-temu-Franciszek-Zwirko-i-Stanislaw-Wigura-n.jpg

PIC_1-G-1665-1.jpg

PIC_1-G-1122a.jpg

PZL+%C5%81-2+SP-AFA.jpg

preview_rwd-9_src_1.jpg

1_RWD_13-2.jpg

The little yellow twin that is in my signature photo is a Cessna Bobcat or T-50, other wise known as the bamboo bomber because of the wooden construction.My child hood hero used to fly this plane "Sky King" and I had many adventures with him and his niece and nephew in the early 60' as I watched the re-runs along with all the other aviation related shows. Clutch Cargo being one and him with his Bellanca Aircruiser ridding the world of the criminal scourge. Those were the days when imagination would take you all over the world and flying all kinds of airplanes of the past and future. Buck Rogers not withstanding.

When this gets started I'll get this kit, a Czech Model and some am for it and do it up in the colors that are in my signature line. (sorry Sky)

A few pictures of polish "Golden Age of Aviation" - I'm curious how you go with recognize planes on the photos (as a hint: aircraft gained in their respective years a international acclaim)

z14510231V,81-lat-temu-Franciszek-Zwirko-i-Stanislaw-Wigura-n.jpg

PIC_1-G-1665-1.jpg

PIC_1-G-1122a.jpg

PZL+%C5%81-2+SP-AFA.jpg

preview_rwd-9_src_1.jpg

1_RWD_13-2.jpg

I can say with great confidence that I know not one of these aircraft. :beer

Back