• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BATTLESHIPS CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
h70c388f.jpg

I'm proposing an all big gun..all steel battleship campaign. I know we have a on going ship campaign which is going nowhere. This is for big bad battleships not for anything with a gun on it. Not cruisers! Not destroyers! Not PT boats....etc...etc! Just the big bad boys with big ugly gun turrets. So put away the planes,take a break from tanks and put your hands on some real fire power.

The model can be any scale. Any material. Can even be started. Time period 1888's to the last of the Iowa class.

I'm in with the HMS Dreadnaught 1907 by Trumpeter.

Let's go anchor's away!

Terry
(y)

I have an unstarted Tirpitz and a Yamato that I cant remember where its at, but I'd probably try to disassemble as much as I can to redo what I did when I started it many years ago.

W/ all the other suggestions for stuff lately, I'd almost think this would be one that would probably start around next summer some time.

I have an unstarted Tirpitz and a Yamato that I cant remember where its at, but I'd probably try to disassemble as much as I can to redo what I did when I started it many years ago.

W/ all the other suggestions for stuff lately, I'd almost think this would be one that would probably start around next summer some time.

Always thinking ahead!

:coolio

Hi Terry,

I am interested in this for a special reason. Now here's the scoop I am a armor guy and know nothing on ships. I will need help on a continuous level but I need to build the Wisconsin.My deceased Dad was on the Maiden in WWII and it's my Mums 80th next Nov.I would like to build a 1/350 Tamiya Wisconsin , I know I need either the Missouri or Jersey kit and I know there is a Question about the bow on the Wisconsin. So I will need a lot of Help and a lot of time. I would like to do it mostly oob not a lot of AM. So if you boys can be patient with me and give me a ton of help I would like to enter.

Brian

Brian we have a current Shipbuilders campaign that is openended, no end date. Just because the nature of ship building, it takes a while to finish one. Why don't you go ahead and get started there?

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/shipbuilders

Maybe you'll inspire some of us who have stalled our projects.

Again, Shipbuilders is underway and open ended, you can start anytime.. I don't think we need competing campaigns.

Didn't mean to get this deleted but if y'all want to do this, go ahead and get started on the Shipbuilders. :good:

Back