• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wheels Up and Flying

Phil

I've had an idea going around in my head for a while which involves any aircraft, prop or jet, posed in flight on a support like a fine wire rod or similar method.

Requirements would be wheels up and props turning , ie use prop blur parts or scratch ones, for Jets some sort of exhaust effect so you Jet guys will have to get your creative side going.

Pilots must be used in the aircraft - where possible.

Just throwing ideas around and to get a feel on how many would be interested in something a bit different - please feel free to add/suggest ideas.

My entry would be this, it would be mounted on a small dio board just big enough to be stable for the Aircraft with maybe a Russian Tank/troops etc.

Big Thankyou to Dave ''The Chef'' for finding this kit online in Japan - :drinks which I have been searching for years to acquire and now resides in my small stash cupboard!

DSC_9409xB3.jpg~original

There's a bit of leftover Pe from my last B2 build which will go into this as well.

No definite start / finish date yet, later in the year perhaps.

Grumble, I had been working on this quietly since my birthday last October...

Spiteful003.JPG

Spiteful004.JPG

Spiteful001.JPG

Spiteful002.JPG

Regards,

I remember, like all y'all, when every aircraft kit came with a stand. Today, not so much. so are their any aftermarket stands?

I could turn a blind eye just for you Saul ! ;)

Excellent Dave! thanks for posting those up - just what I have in mind for this - great work too! (y)

I could turn a blind eye just for you Saul !

Thanks but I just realized you want it mounted on a wire whereas this was to hang from a wire in my son's room. With the fan I got him,
warbird-fan.jpg
(where you expecting anything else?)
the props would turn.

Regards,

Thanks but I just realized you want it mounted on a wire whereas this was to hang from a wire in my son's room. With the fan I got him,

Well technically that is a base of sorts isn't it - just upside down - supported by a wire..... :D

Back