• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratch Build Campaign

Roman

The main rule of this campaign is to scratch build something. Any scale, any era.
For example, I want to build armored ZiS-5 with 45mm gun
3f3760b9e54b96de58519480b46.jpg

I plan to buy a model of ZiS-5 and 45mm gun and scratch build the armor cab.

I find it difficult to tell in a percentage ratio to qualify. :idonno
I think that the made changes have to be noticeable on model. And I find it difficult to formulate accurately the rules of GB and I need the help of the community.

Dang, I've got a couple builds that are very early on that would fit this nicely. My CH-53 would fit this subject quite nicely. I've managed to do a fair bit, but still have a very long way to go. Very little basic construction has started, but a good bit of modifying has been done already, so it probably puts it beyond the start limit. And then my Toyota GT One, again has quite a bit of modifying done, but not a great deal of construction.

This would be fun, I have a couple that would fit in too, but I'll have to pass for this year, got enough on the go as it is...

I think it's something we can work on in the future. My dance card is pretty full right now. I suppose you can say that some focal point of the model would have to be scratch built, something that's not included in any kits. Or, of course, a total scratch build.

I think it's something we can work on in the future. My dance card is pretty full right now. I suppose you can say that some focal point of the model would have to be scratch built, something that's not included in any kits. Or, of course, a total scratch build.

moon puppy, thank you for help :v I'm very much appreciate your help (y) :drinks

Yes, this is future plans. Right now I'm interested in many running and planned GB's :)

Total scratch build would fit perfect (y)
And I think, that we can remove the phrase - something that's not included in any kits. So I suppose this sentence sound like this - "some focal point of the model would have to be scratch built" Theoretically it is possible in this GB to scratch build the full copy of any issued kit by own hands.

Back