• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The forgotten wars

SA Dave

Post WW2 - 1989

Any military vehicle used in a war where the Big 5 (US, UK, France, Russia and China) was not directly involved in. Loads of options to do for this.

Ivory Coast Gendarmerie "The Buffalo" as a subject for Trumpeter's new BMP-1...
bmp1IvoryCoast01.jpg

Regards,

I'm all in!!!

Loads of Latin American stuff: 100 hours war, Argentine naval rebellions, The hunt for Che (Bolivian Cavalier Mustangs :ro: )
various COIN operations, Cayo Confites in Cuba, Guatemala vs. Mexico in the 50's, Cuba/Dominican "conflict" in the late 70's

The list is endless :unsure: :laugh:

then what to do :hmmm

What about 'peacekeeping operations' like IFOR,SFOR and KFOR in the Balkan area,or UNIFIL in Lebanon?

Greetings,Ron.

I think we were talking about Korean war on another thread. That would surely open options.
I like it!

I am not sure peace keeping missions will fall into this one. Most of them is past the cold war cut off date or directly involve a mayor military power. What I would like to see is these small countries war machines done in they'r camos etc.

I want to see something like "Green Leader" from the Rhodesian war
Short History: After the shooting down of an Air Rhodesia Viscount on 3 September 1978, with 56 passengers on board by ZIPRA terrorists, Ian Smith vowed to hit back and hit hard, on the 18th October 1978 the Rhodesian Air Force launched Operation Gatling
The guerrillas were based in Zambia, just across the Zambezi to the north of Rhodesia. Their main camp was at Westland Farm, north of the Zambian capital of Lusaka, and hundreds of miles away from the border. For the Rhodesians to strike back would mean taking wholesale control of Zambian airspace, and ferrying aircraft and soldiers deep into a hostile country. Needless to say, neither the guerrillas nor the Zambians expected them to do it.
On October 18, 1978, the Rhodesians did it.
Led by a man known only as "Green Leader," aloft in a Rhodesian Canberra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1NRLFso6Q

Or like Mikkel Said all those South American wars etc

Bump! If this campaign is you cup of tea now is the time to get on board. Are you in or out?

There are lots of hot wars in the Middle East to choose from too. Israel vs Arab nations 1948 War of Independence, The Syez War, Six Day War 1067, Yom Kippur War 1973, Lebanon 1982 and Operation Cast Lead Gaza to name just a few.

I'm in too.

Cheers

The conflict in Mali fits... here are some inspirational images:

Click on image to visit the album which also covers Afghanistan, Ivory Coast, and others.

Regards,

Thanks for the link Saul. Do you know, is this the JSDF vehicle that Tamiya makes?

8387499712_067e6dc01b_o.jpg

I am not up on modern stuff at all.

James

Back