• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So Others May Live...COUNT IS 9

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Medics, Rescue, Police, Firemen, Red Cross, the vehicles they use such as ambulances, hospital ships, air ambulances, and so on. Any time period, all genres. For vehicles, they must be clearly marked (for example, ambulances should have the Red Star (IDF), Red Crescent (Islamic countries), or Red Cross (others).

People so far:

[ol]
[li]Tankbuilder - Medical Chevy Truck set in WWII[/li]
[li]Arturious - ???[/li]
[li]Jknaus - C15TA Ambulance[/li]
[li]Duke Maddog - PST Fire Trucks[/li]
[li]The Zod - Italeri/Peerless Dodge Ambulance[/li]
[li]SA DAve - Airfix Ambulance or Firetruck[/li]
[li]Sherman 18 - 1/25th scale Model T Ambulance[/li]
[li]Bagge - Soviet Medical Troops[/li]
[li][/li]
[li]Sharkmouth - German ambulance[/li]
[/ol]

Regards,

Re: So Others May Live...

Cool. I can think of a few I could try. Even the Riich RSO has fittings for an ambulance, but no markings. I would do this.
James

Even the Riich RSO has fittings for an ambulance, but no markings.

Really? Another kit just made my to get list!

Here are some inspirational images:

Kfz-Amb-1.jpg

Opel Blitz, many kits out there & Plus Models conversion.

Horch20ambulance20Don20campaign20320Pz20Div20194220a.jpg

Tamiya kit with Das Werke conversion

Ford20Maultier.jpg

ICM Ford Maultier with Plus Models conversion

MB17010_722.jpg

Miniart MB170 comes with these markings

opel_IIIP4907a.jpg

Bronco's Opel sedan

Steyr1500.jpg

Tamiya Steyr 1500 with Lead Warrior conversion

493986468_3b48a0f300_o.jpg

Many make the Storch and Tristar has it in 1/35th scale.

ju-52.jpg

The Ju-52 models from Italeri & Heller, in 1/72nd, include Red Cross markings (so does Revell in 48th scale).

WWII allied is next, if there is an interest.

Regards,

Medics, Rescue, Police, Firemen, Red Cross, the vehicles they use such as ambulances, hospital ships, air ambulances, and so on. Any time period, all genres. For vehicles, they must be clearly marked (for example, ambulances should have the Red Star (IDF), Red Crescent (Islamic countries), or Red Cross (others).

Regards,

Hi there.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Just a couple of hints regarding the Magen David Adom (Red Star of Israel).

It has been used by Israel since 1935 and for over 50 years Israel has been trying to get it recognized by The Red Cross and the Red Crescent. It is still NOT recognized by the Geneva Convention as a protected symbol.

I have a couple of kits that I've planned to build with the Magen David Adom on them. The symbol is now available on an after-market decal sheet.

Cheers

CMP C15TA Ambulance is due out in Feb. Thats one I am interested in also.
James

I have a couple of PST's 1/72 scale Russian fire trucks from WWII that I could probably enter for this. I'm in. It'll give me a good reason to start them; they've been sitting in my stash for too long.

Well, he did say "firemen", not paramedics. If firetrucks won't fit; I can see if I have any other medical vehicles or aircraft I may build for this. I don't know that I have; I believe I've built almost every medical emergency vehicle in my stash.

Paramedics are hired by the Fire Department in New York City. So, Medics of all types, Firemen, Police, Para Rescue, Red Cross, Search & Rescue K9, these would all be excellent figure categories. The vehicles they use, if marked as such, are also included. This means Fire Bombers too.

Regards,

I don't know if my PST Russian firetrucks are marked as such; I do know they are red all over and carry a bunch of ladders and some hoses and hose bibs. I'll try to get some pics and post them here for you to decide.

Back