• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE" CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok I've holding back! I've been biting my lip! Trying to control myself! Now that the "Call to Arms" build is underway I can't wait no longer. I've been watching the Walking Dead and have had some cool ideas.

Here's the situation: The zombie virus spread across the world like wild fire leaving millions not really alive and not quite dead. These "walking dead" roam the countryside in herds looking for the living to eat. As with any virus there always some who are immune or are just carrier's of the virus. Now these few scramble to survive. The rapid spread of the virus did not allow for much panic and as a result much of what was is still intact ready to be found and used as the survivors begin to take their world back.

This campaign will be an almost anything goes build. This will be a chance to put your kit bashing skills to the test while letting you imagination run wild. We all have old kits laying around that could be combined into all sorts of interesting new zombie killing machines. Ideally subjects would be current items let's say nothing older then the late 80's

I would like this to start Febuary 1st and run until October 31 2013 "Halloween"

What do you think? Are you in? Let's hunt some zombies!!!

Terry :evil:

Sounds like a good idea :D
Zombies must die!! i just hope there wont be any zombies that can run! as long as they walk in slow motion and limp we have a chance (y)
//Mats

I guess I am immune...

HomerSimpson36.gif

Regards,

I always thought a combine harvester would make a great anti zombie vehicle. :geek

This sounds great (y)

I had an idea to follow up my VW Bug with a camper or van...but I don't think they were made that late...the camper seems to be something from my childhood....70's style....

I had an idea to follow up my VW Bug with a camper or van...but I don't think they were made that late...the camper seems to be something from my childhood....70's style....

I think that would be ok. I just don't want someone pulling out a Sherman tank or a panzer IV for the build. Part of this discussion is to iron out the build limits.

:D

I think that would be ok. I just don't want someone pulling out a Sherman tank or a panzer IV for the build. Part of this discussion is to iron out the build limits.

:D

No Shermans? I am guessing an Israeli M51 would be out of the question? I was thinking of building that one,and adding a 60mm HVMS cannon on it. That was before I found out about this possible campaign.
I have so many possible thoughts running through my head. No,smoke is not coming out of my ears,nor does my head hurt. :gogo

M26 with the turret from an M51.

M3 Bradley with the 90mm turret from a V150.

1/48 Humvee with the Mk19 grenade launcher.

Sd.Kfz 11 cargo halftrack that could be used as a gun truck.

I always thought a combine harvester would make a great anti zombie vehicle. :geek

This sounds great (y)

Dave we actually discussed this at work one day. But then a buddy of mine that works on a ranch said they tend to clog up when you hit a deer with them so I can only imagine what a zombie would do to one lol. I'm thinking some kind of pickup with railroad tie bumpers and metal spear sticking out of them lol.

This sounds great (y)

Dave we actually discussed this at work one day. But then a buddy of mine that works on a ranch said they tend to clog up when you hit a deer with them so I can only imagine what a zombie would do to one lol. I'm thinking some kind of pickup with railroad tie bumpers and metal spear sticking out of them lol.
Took you long enough to find this one Ryan.

Well I suppose they would clog up the pickup unit. But I mean its not as if we will be harvesting them we are just making a machine that will end the agony of thousand of shufling zombies as fast as possible. I would suggest throw away the pickup unit, that will give you more storage space anyway. Also replace the the beaters on the front with Titanium blades and titanium wire and speed that puppy up.

Oh and get an industrial window washing unit also! :rotf

A few weeks back I just watched "good Boy" again and loved the late 50's retro feel and where little timmy goes to school armed with his .22 and one of his subjects is learning how to shoot and kill zombis

I know the original idea was modern But I want to suggest an any time period.

BUT every participant must write an "historic" intro to his entry to explane how and where the zombi virus came from and how it changed the world history This will alow Nazi Zombies for instance.

What do you guys think?

Back