• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Swords to Plows

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
How about war machines no longer in military service?

examples;

wmdeuce--a-half-fire-truck.jpg

post-1584-1297851469.jpg

picc.jpg

Madill2520071252028Brand2520New25201980292520HEF.jpg

M11307.jpg

m113canyoncountyswatvg2.jpg

Liverpool_DUKW_Splashdown.jpg

Laval252015-05-072520048.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Grue.jpg

EverettWA1.jpg

evansservicestation1.jpg

deuce_bucket.jpg

042de2544c44.jpg

27xf2fp.jpg

1copy.jpg

Hey a guy in town has a Willy's that has an agricultural tow hook added so it could be used in the tractor role. But how about also adding civilian vehicles that was used by the military? Staff cars and light trucks come to mind.

Hey a guy in town has a Willy's that has an agricultural tow hook added so it could be used in the tractor role. But how about also adding civilian vehicles that was used by the military? Staff cars and light trucks come to mind.

Works for me.

I think it is kinda cool to see the vehicles in different colors than the norm.

Oh now that is cool. What a diverse range of vehicles. Planes could be covered too. Water bombers comes to mind.
James

Hi Sherman,

I think this is the most creative idea I ever seen about a contest/campaign !!
Your examples itch my toes.

On the other hand, it will be really hard for the average builder, there are only few usable kits out there.
That means a lot of scratching and creativity. It is a real challenge.

Only the better builders may want to join, maybe a threshold ?

Good luck anyway,

willem

That would be the fun part Willem, stepping outside the comfort zone and letting the creativity out :D
James

That's one of the points of Campaigns Willem, to test our limits. Granted the greatest limit I have to test is actually finishing a build.

Great timing on this Jeff. James, Laura and I all talked about this just yesterday, sort of in passing. Needless to say I like the idea.

Swords to Plows to Swords?

I would be interested in doing a B25 in an executive service .

These pix are from a what if modeling site,beyondthesprues.com.

555.jpg

70-1.jpg

HT.jpg

cht1.jpg

Some time ago,I saw a pic of a Magirus-Deutz half track. It was based off the RSO. It was a post war conversion done by that firm.

http://www.truckerlinks.dk/engelsk/magirus.htm
Maybe 1/4 the way down.
http://db-technik.blogspot.com/2011/08/deutz-waldschlepper.html

JP Hobby makes a resin kit. Only hitch I see is markings for it. There is a Deutz dealer in my home town. So the Deutz green is
no problem.

I do have the Italeri 1/24 fire truck Jeep.

Now for the $64 question.

Would the model need to be based off of a photo? Or would this be anything goes as far as turning a military vehicle into a civvy
vehicle? For example,an RSO turned into a dump truck.

Now for the $64 question.

Would the model need to be based off of a photo? Or would this be anything goes as far as turning a military vehicle into a civvy
vehicle? For example,an RSO turned into a dump truck.

I would think that would work.

Hey Guys ,

Here are some more images ! Rock-On

25t9bty.jpeg

5227780422_6013116f18.jpeg

Marder_IFV.jpeg

German Marder (modern)

Marder_IFV_converted_to_fire-fighting_use.jpeg

Marder_IFV_converted_to_fire-fighting_use_2.jpeg

From Plows - Swords ?

1938_Opel_Admiral_Cabriolet.jpeg

5Blinked_image5D-5%7E0.jpeg

'39 Opel Admiral​

Dig it !!

:erik

Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing. (y)

I will throw this in, more of an ad, but used by the military

DSC01407.jpg

these Dodge trucks from the early 80's

scan0028.jpg

I've seen some of the Shermans turned into logging yarders and have been very interested in trying to do something like that. Not sure I'd actually attempt it, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Bump! If this campaign is you cup of tea now is the time to get on board. Are you in or out?

That's one of the points of Campaigns Willem, to test our limits. Granted the greatest limit I have to test is actually finishing a build.

Great timing on this Jeff. James, Laura and I all talked about this just yesterday, sort of in passing. Needless to say I like the idea.

Swords to Plows to Swords?

I would be interested in doing a B25 in an executive service .

:coolio

or that Beep I got from Saul as a wrecker or a snow plow.

Back