• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roundels of the World

Barney

I am slowly coming out of my funk and whilst looking for interesting decals for a Monogram P-51 I came across something that really sparked my fancy: Zotz Decal Roundels of the World Pt 1 & 2. :drinks

These cover northern and southern Africa. Countries I have barely heard of! That combined with some decent research and you can go C R A Z Y! That T-28 you have been sitting on for years... done up in CIA/Congo markings! Momma will be so proud! (y) A Spit Mk 22 in Rhodseian markings... How cool is that! :ro:

Zotz also published three other sets 3,4,5... that covered SW Asia, Central and South America. :popcorn

This interests the daylights out of me... I hate seeing Red 7 and this guy's plane and that guy's plane. Creativity... I am finishing up an AT-6 in Yugoslav colors and markings! :pilot

Write Eli! Modelers of the World, Unite! defeat the beige monsters of "sameness!" Do that Mig-15UTI in Mozambique markings!
:yipee :yipee :yipee

My very own Campaign? :yipee

I can see it now Obscure Air Forces of the World! :drinks

There would be an inordinate number of MIG's, but that cannot be helped... Hmmmm.... no major powers (NATO, Warsaw Pact, SEATO) Major Countries (Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Red China, Taiwan)(Unless it is really off the wall...say a P-51 in Red Chinese markings)(with supporting documentation :geek ).

And I think a time era limit... nothing after the mid 80's... extra bonus points for Air Forces that no longer exist (Congo Zaire or Rhodesia for instance).

Oh, I am letting my imagination run... of course it hasn't even walked for a while...

:woohoo: What do you mean - South Africa is an obscure country dontchaknow just ask PaulW

Barney just hates Mirages I think!

The Non-Aligned Movement could provide a selection of "Obscure Air Force" subjects.

Memeber States
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lao Peoples' Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahirya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Observer States
Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Montenegro, Paraguay, Serbia, Ukraine, Uruguay

Cheers,
Richard

Sorry, any country that has a functioning Army, Navy and Air Force, equipped with and able to maintain modern weapon systems cannot be considered for this suggestion. :pp

And to show that I am not favouring one nation over another I will also discount my beloved Ireland. :D

You may now bow and scrape. :notworthy

Back