• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GUNNERS ............Unite!

SA Dave

Any artilery piece from any time period. Must be designed as primary artilery use or have been used in artilery role. Long or short barrel howitzers, Multiple rocket launchers and larger than 81mm mortars.

With or without its prime mover.

And remember - "IF YOU CANT PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS, STAY HOME" Saying on shirt Sierra Battery - 61 mech RSA

You have a real heavy that would work. Maybe if Santa is nice something else might show up.
James

I can not see why not, unless it was intended from the start to be anti panzer. Both the british 6 pounder and German 37mm was originaly intended for close support artilery. Theyr high muzzle volicity just made them Ideal for anti panzer at some stage.

Even the Sherman can be alright in this build. It had HE rounds and was meant for a dual role that included close support artilery. So it can be alowed in as long as say the units markings is one of those known to have been used for this role. IE the Italian campaign where we see famous pictures of the Shermans in fixed artilery positions. Or the Marines on the Islands hopping is also more known for theyr mobile artilery job. But the M10 was built just to be an anti tank weapon.

On the other hand the Stug was really just an Anti tank weapon.

I really want to see this as covering a very wide range BUT I expect the participants to use some logic. Just because an gun once accidently shot a building does not make it artilery. :blush:

Actually the Stug started life as an Artillery close support vehicle It evolved into a tank killer, but was still an artillery weapon at heart. While it would be nice to open it to everything maybe keep it artillery guns, single use. Not to say it could and didnt act as an anti tank weapon. By allowing more diversity we would have to open it up to the bird gunners too. Lets say towed, or self propelled larger mortar, tube or rocket artillery piece. Any era which might open it up to catapults or ballistas and such. Does that fall in your parameters Dave?
James T

Lets say towed, or self propelled larger mortar, tube or rocket artillery piece. Any era which might open it up to catapults or ballistas and such. Does that fall in your parameters Dave?
James T

That should be more than fine So come on who wants to play!

I'd play. Either my Spanish cannon from the Napoleonic war, or a 21cm Morser or maybe even break out the K-5 or Morser Karl Gerat. To many to choose from.
James

No other takers?? Just a big gun. This would be your chance to haul out those K-5's and Karls :evil:
James

Back