• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Something different

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
How about this for a build campaign and its a little different to the norm,......

Its Fire and Ice :D

The focus on the build would be using all available techniques for producing fire and smoke and also snow and ice ( the latter being a bit easier to do with available products )

The object of the build is to accumulate different techniques is producing effects for Vignettes and dioramas or for showing your model off in a different light

See Lewis Pruneau`s superb Hindenburg for a prime example

I dont think anyone has done this before on a model site when it comes to a group build or campaign so it would be a Modelers Alliance exclusive ! ( I hope ! ) :unsure:

It could even be incorporated into the University section ?

Anyway its just a suggestion and would need your comments to evolve from just an idea

:hmmm A burning tank??? :hmmm An exploding Battleship Arizona???? :hmmm

hmmm I always wanted to do a little scene of some figs sitting at a camp fire

then you could spread this out and include water too, which is a bit easier to do but then, how about a water fall or rain drops, well may be too small in 1/144 :)

sounds good to me, always trying to make new things, and fire/smoke is a difficult thing to pull off.
//Mats

blazing_saddles_meals.jpg

:stinker :D

Back