• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"DIORAMA DYNAMITE" CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
During my resent stint in the hospital I couldn't do any modeling, however I did do a lot of thinking about modeling. We have done tanks. We have done planes. We have done figures, sci-fi, cars, ships and all the rest, but what we have not done are diorama's as a campaign. We have some of the best diorama builders in the world posting here who could join in or offer tips. What I propose is that starting in January 2013 and running for the next 18 months where the participants would design and build a diorama. Now a diorama is not a tank/plane with one figure standing next to it. Your diorama must convey a clear feeling or story. You can use models that you have already done, you must arrange them in such a way as to tell a story. Your diorama can be as simple or as complex as you wish. Diorama's are really the apex of our art lets stretch our abilities and get out of our comfort zones and see what we can do. How about it. Comments......questions

Terry (y)

I do like it! Particularly the part where previously started or built can be used.

Regards,

I've got two large projects I was planning on starting once I've completed the two planes for the SMA spring contest and as summer break. But I can put one on hold until January...I'm in.

Hope everything is ok T!
This sounds like a very good idea! I have the dio idea for my torch builds, just cut out the foam for the base nothing else done (and i need to finnish that Bronco 25pdr....).
I'm in! :)
//Mats

Hi Terry, Wonderful idea (y) (y) I'm in. Something that is fun in my train club is we sometimes go with a size limitation such as 10,000 sq. ft. no matter what the scale. Just a thought!

Randy

I think I'd be in. I actually have a diorama base that I started about 15 years ago, and never got beyond painting it. Been trying to decide for a long time what to do w/ it. THis would give me time to really think about what to do w/ it. I just had an idea for a base w/o any real idea on what to do for a scene, so I did it backwards.

This is the base I have. Been like this for 15 years.

dio_01.jpg

Hi Terry, Wonderful idea (y) (y) I'm in. Something that is fun in my train club is we sometimes go with a size limitation such as 10,000 sq. ft. no matter what the scale. Just a thought!

Randy

Well I thought about a size limitation, but I didn't want to resrict anyone to a size. If someone thinks they can do a 3 by 5 foot diorama in 18 months well have at it. I figure most people will do something in the 2 foot square range or smaller.

Terry

I think I'd be in. I actually have a diorama base that I started about 15 years ago, and never got beyond painting it. Been trying to decide for a long time what to do w/ it. THis would give me time to really think about what to do w/ it. I just had an idea for a base w/o any real idea on what to do for a scene, so I did it backwards.

dio_01.jpg

Wow I like the base!! Looks like a desert scene to me.

Looks like we have 5

(y)

After consulting w/ Iron Mike, I have a few ideas, looking at a WWII forest scene, some kind of ambush scene between a couple German Tigers & troops and some Russian soldiers.

dio_01.jpg

Wow I like the base!! Looks like a desert scene to me.

Looks like we have 5

(y)

Yes it would be nice to be able to use somthing thats started but for some reason collecting dust.
This would be a great push to make something of it.
As long it's not to long gone in the building process.
I have a bridge diorama that's been standing on the shelf almost a year now, have plans on putting some trucks there with troops.
//Mats

T ,

Yes ! Count Me in ! This will give Me enough time to clear out th Panzer Shoppe's Assembly Line ! I have a couple of ideas that have been in a holding pattern .... This'll give them th Green light !! I too dig th idea of using what sittin' as mentioned ... I have a few pieces that are earmarked for Dios but haven't had th Bench time/space to get it on !!

Perfect timing too !! Statrs in Jan. & runs for 18 months :zen :yipee

Welcome to the Modeler's Alliance World ! Maybe a lil google Map to show where each Dio takes place & the year ???

"Spanning th Globe to give you th contant variety of Styrene Bliss"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7eN7RKJgyo​

Terry, count me in. I have an idea of diorama with Famo and tank trailer. I even started to build Famo 5 or more years ago... But... 18 month will be enough to finish, I hope :)

Can I join?

I just got a kickass idea!! it'll be some thing from latin america:hmmm

whenna we gonna start??

Back