• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Middle East Engagements`

Paulw

I was thinking of something like Middle East crisis. Air, Armor, Armada,etc. Any Scale from 1949 to present. Having this hooked up to a particular battle would be an added bonus.

saudi_weddings.jpg

Not what you meant?

I like the idea...

Regards,

Yes I agree that would be wicked. Syrian T-62 against IDF Centurion. F-86 against Mig 19?

well we need to get Bob interested as well as T and a host of others. I would like to see Laura in this also as she really likes armor.

I am sure they will show interest, except for Laura. She likes early war with Panzer Gray.

Regards,

If a list of subjects could be put together, this may get people interested in it.

For example, any IDF vehicle such as the Shermans (M4, M4/105, M1 (76mm Sherman), M-50, M-51, Centurions, AMX-13, Humber, armed Jeeps, M-38 trucks, M-151A2 trucks, M5/9 Halftracks, M-48 & M-60, M-88, Merkava series, captured T-54/55/62, BTR-40/50/60, PT-76, TOPAS, OT-62, M-113 series, and more...

They faced T-34-85, Su-100, PT-76, BMP-1, T-54/55/62/72, BTR series, BRDM series, M-48 (Jordan), Centurion (Jordan), M-113 series, and many more...

Regards,

I am sure they will show interest, except for Laura. She likes early war with Panzer Gray.

Regards,
The Sirians used Pzkw IV - there is still a few hulls up on the Golan heights and one intackt one in the IDF armor museum in Latrum.
That might interest Laura
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pz-IVG-latrun-2.jpg
Looks like a Stug behind it does it not

The Sirians used Pzkw IV - there is still a few hulls up on the Golan heights and one intackt one in the IDF armor museum in Latrum.

She will need to step in but, from what I understand, her interest is German armor pre-1943.

The Syrians also used the Hummel (late version), StuG III Ausf G and Jagdpanzer IV (the one with the L/48 gun). As for the Pz.Kpfw. IV, there were quite a few with at least three leaving Israel for other parts of the World. I photographed one that ended up in Mattituck, Long Island, NY before the museum moved to Virginia. Aside from Latrun there are two more in Israel besides those left in the desert as monuments.

Regards,

That might interest Laura
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pz-IVG-latrun-2.jpg
Looks like a Stug behind it does it not

thanks for thinking of me paul & dave, but saúl's absolutely correct - way out of my interest zone! my focus of interest ends on february 18th 1943 ...

the assault gun behind the pz4 is a stug3 with saukopfblende - very well spotted!

this suggestion gets my full support btw. ... bring me enough of players and we surely have a winner!

I have been interested in this subject for a long time. How many would be interested in this?
Not just air and armor but armada also. I wouldn't mind heading this up for my first campaign but I would need some help getting things going and maybe getting Laura's support and guidance also. I have a 32 Sea Fury that would be the cats ass.

Re: Middle East Engagements

I wouldn't mind heading this up for my first campaign but I would need some help getting things going and maybe getting Laura's support and guidance also.

We have a volunteer!

Can you imagine if Ian Hill enters his M-ATV here?

Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Syria, United Arab Republics, what else is considered Middle East? Yes, I know but I want others thinking and getting excited.

:idonno

Regards,

Re: Middle East Engagements

Hmmm seems the word "engagements" would refer to battles which means that more countries then just middle eastern are included.

:D

Back