• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Assault Gun/SPG Fever!

iambrb

Was looking at the Dragon site and was inspired...how about a Campaign of Assault guns? Specifically, and scale/any time frame, turret-less vehicles (tracked preferably) armed with a Fixed Main Gun (not Rocket Launcher)? examples would be the Stug series & Russian SU-series, many of the german "Animal series (e.g, Elephant) but could also include pre and Postwar types too (There are several Russian Airborne types, the Swedish S-Tank, Ontos, and at least one Bundeswehr vehicle as well, whose name I cannot recall). Again, any scale/any year. Any takers???

NOTE - I am modifying this thread to inlucde any non-turreted SPG in an tracked or hal-tracked format. This would include any number of German equipments and other nations' Artillery, such as, the M107 Priest, The Paladin, Soviet stuff, etc., etc., etc.

Re: Assault Gun Fever!

and at least one Bundeswehr vehicle as well, whose name I cannot recall). Again, any scale/any year. Any takers???

Think you mean this one,the Kanone JagdPanzer 90mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dW6aBo8k-HQ

And yes I am in,if we got enough players.

Greetings,Ron.

I have an S-tank laying here :) so if there is enough people i'm in
//Mats

Could we work on a few that are underway before we get all excited about new campaigns? :D

hey man, I understand! I am thinking starting this in like summer, June or so.

So that is three (including me)

Mike has expressed skeptical intrest (this means he can be convinced)

kryptosdaddy is provisional!

almost - sorta - maybe 5?

Methinks thou hast misunderstood. What I meant to say is no more new campaigns until we finish what we have on our plate. :drinks

Gotcha! So Jusly/August then?

(Mike applies palm to forehead)

Needs to happen B-4 September, Deer season starts then & I disappear until 1/1

We are always looking for new suggestions, however there are several that are already in the que which will place these into the future. In the end the campaign staff will make the choice which builds get placed into the schedule based on member interest or because of some special circumstance. Here on MA we have a large number of campaigns which allows numerous chances to be envolved. We try to allow enough time for the maximum amount of members to be a part of as many campaigns as they wish to be in. We have staggered start dates and try not to have too many builds running in the same time frame. This may seem overwhelming to some, but I would rather you guys be overwhelmed then bored.

Keep making suggestions and most of all keep modeling

Terry
Moderator, Campaign Staff, and Mean Bastard.

:laugh:

Terry, you ain't a mean B-word, promise!

I too agree that it is sometime off, I want to be in more build that I can afford, time or money wise myself right now. it was an idea that seemed to have merit is all.

Oh...BTW...the chance to 'rag' Iron Mike is always a plus!

Very good! Unfrotunately, the SCDNR officers take a strangely dim view of that.

NOTE - I am modifying this thread to inlucde any non-turreted SPG in an tracked or half-tracked format. This would include any number of German equipments and other nations' Artillery, such as, the M107 Priest, The Paladin, Soviet stuff, etc., etc., etc.

Back