• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA - Arturius - F-4E Phantom II - Fujimi - 1/48

Arturius

Hello friends! Here I'm starting my year of buildings :zen and my participation on CTA...

The kit:
DSCF3149.JPG

The Time:
DSCF3150.JPG

I'll risk to do a little review... :huh:
p.s.: the review photos are taken some months ago, but the kit wasn't started and return to the box. The pics are taken to make a review, in other forum only...

The Wings
DSCF2626Cpia.jpg

Wings Details, Like in all the kit, we've parts in high and low relief.
DSCF2627Cpia.jpg

DSCF2628Cpia.jpg

DSCF2629Cpia.jpg

DSCF2630Cpia.jpg

Landing Gear basement.
DSCF2631Cpia.jpg

other parts,
DSCF2632Cpia.jpg

DSCF2633Cpia.jpg

DSCF2634Cpia.jpg

The Pilots! Let's see if I can fix thes folks! :sick:
DSCF2635Cpia.jpg

DSCF2636Cpia.jpg

DSCF2637Cpia.jpg

DSCF2638Cpia.jpg

Landing Gear.
DSCF2639Cpia.jpg

DSCF2641Cpia.jpg

DSCF2642Cpia.jpg

Weapons
DSCF2654Cpia.jpg

DSCF2655Cpia.jpg

Here a "big" problem, the "poor" really poor cockpit
DSCF2656Cpia.jpg

Seats
DSCF2657Cpia.jpg

DSCF2658Cpia.jpg

other poor detail, Noozle.
DSCF2659Cpia.jpg

The kit noozle compared with a nozzle of a Hasegawa kit
DSCF2661Cpia.jpg

DSCF2660Cpia.jpg

Canopy's
DSCF2663Cpia.jpg

DSCF2664Cpia.jpg

DSCF2665Cpia.jpg

The Size of the Child:
DSCF2668Cpia.jpg

DSCF2669Cpia.jpg

DSCF2670Cpia.jpg

More plain details:
DSCF2677Cpia.jpg

DSCF2678Cpia.jpg

DSCF2678Cpia.jpg

DSCF2680Cpia.jpg

DSCF2681Cpia.jpg

DSCF2682Cpia.jpg

It's possible see a little problem in the fuselage, I make a Dry-fit and it was perceptible a junction problem in the fuselage parts. In superior and inferior sides. :snoopy

It's a simple kit, with little remains of plastic. In other while, a lot of injection marks and will need a lot of putty and sandpaper. The poor details could prejudicate de final result, and the high relif could be a problem to.

Concluding, It's a kit with a low to a reasonable price, but witch will need a lot of corrections. And could be a hell of a challenge to a rookie modeler. For experts may need the use of resin after-markets and PE's, and could use a lot of scratch-building.

In my point of view a good kit, take the relation cost/benefit

Cheers :mpup

Art

Lads, thank you all for the kind words.

I'm probably late in the schedule.. :D
It's been a mess here at home. And progress slow, but the good new is that I've a week yet! :geek

so here a little update, the problem in construct a bird like this it's the cockpit, when this part is ready, the rest grow fast...:hmmm at least I hope... :lol:

Here the pics

work cleaning the interior parts, glue something together, now paint-work on the way.
DSCF3191.JPG

DSCF3190.JPG

Cheers :drinks

Art

In the last few days I been trying to get this bird ready.

I'm a beginner yet, so my progress it's slow and my work a crap. But I'm trying...

Them the problems happens and beat the hell of me... :fencing

This history:
I'really try to do a beautifull cockpit like Phill (I know, I ain't that good :blush: )
DSCF3203.JPG

DSCF3204.JPG

I really like this results...
DSCF3206.JPG

DSCF3209.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

Now the rest of the cockpit
DSCF3212.JPG

DSCF3213.JPG

DSCF3215.JPG

DSCF3216.JPG

Some pics the paint ain't dry yet.

But, when I put all the parts together, the problem, I try to glue the fuselage and the cockpit was bigger than the original. I don't know what kind of dry-fit I'd make, but the things don't fit! :vmad
I try all night long to find a solution and don't find a idea. Because if I sand or cut the cockpit, I lost alot of details and will be a poor result, this reason it's because the Fujimi kit has a poor cockpit, and the friend that sold me this one, send together parts of a hasegawa kit, wich one had a width bigger than original. But I wasn't able to find a resolution to the equation...
You can see that I try to cut, thinking that length was the problem...
DSCF3227.JPG

DSCF3229.JPG

Then I lost hours on this problem, and this make me lost precious time to finish the model. Probably I'll finish it after the deadline :facepalm , I want finish before the weekend. :soldier

then i began to put the parts together...
DSCF3230.JPG

DSCF3219.JPG

next chapter, sand and putty... :pilot

Thanks for watching lads! Any suggestions and critique are welcome!

Only suggestion so far is you should have started earlier. :mpup

In New Zealand it's 10Am Jan 31. Only hours left. We have 30 hours left on this side of the world. :popcorn

Art, can you post up a few pics showing where the pit stops the fuse joining together.

is it the top or bottom of the pit that stops it?

I noticed there are two protruding pins at the back of the pit when viewed from the top, also the sidewall of the panels down the bottom look very thick as well, maybe you could file that down a bit on an angle, depends though where it is fouling the fit

Nice job on the pit too, did you use Humbrol enamel paints?

But, when I put all the parts together, the problem, I try to glue the fuselage and the cockpit was bigger than the original. I don't know what kind of dry-fit I'd make, but the things don't fit! :vmad
I try all night long to find a solution and don't find a idea. Because if I sand or cut the cockpit, I lost alot of details and will be a poor result, this reason it's because the Fujimi kit has a poor cockpit, and the friend that sold me this one, send together parts of a hasegawa kit, wich one had a width bigger than original. But I wasn't able to find a resolution to the equation...
You can see that I try to cut, thinking that length was the problem...

Art I'm sorry, I over looked this earlier. Do this. Screw the cockpit (It looks good BTW). Paint the inside of the canopy silver or gold or something metallic and go without a cockpit. Git'er done!

Art, can you post up a few pics showing where the pit stops the fuse joining together.

is it the top or bottom of the pit that stops it?

I noticed there are two protruding pins at the back of the pit when viewed from the top, also the sidewall of the panels down the bottom look very thick as well, maybe you could file that down a bit on an angle, depends though where it is fouling the fit

Nice job on the pit too, did you use Humbrol enamel paints?
Phil, I find out, talking to a friend the real problem.
my friend says that the old Fujimi kits are in 1/50 and the cockpit it's a Hasegawa 1/48. I can't cut or sand more, because I'll lost to much details, not worthy.

I'm thinks about something diferent to this Phantom, the build gone be complicated, soo I'll have to determine a new course of action.

and yes, I use Humbrol Enamel on painel center (green) and all red "points". Used to Tamiya and Acrilex (handricraft paints).

Thanks for watching!

Cheers :drinks

Art

Back