• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - razordws - LCM3

razordws

Getting to the final stages of the Macchi so thought I would post up my next build for this. This is Trumpeter's 1/72 LCM 3 landing craft. Looks good in the box with some PE included. Instructions include both the USN and the RN versions but no decals for the RN. :idonno I'd like to do the RN so I'll have to see what I can come up with.

01LCM3.jpg

02LCM3.jpg

I've been picking at this one while waiting for paint to dry on other builds. Seems to be going together quickly without too many problems.

03LCM3.jpg

Sorry for the lack of progress pick on this one but it has been slow going. Lots of itsy bitsy parts with huge sprue gates equals lots of clean up and a few broken pieces. A few more PE parts and I'll be ready for some paint.

04LCM3.jpg

05LCM3.jpg

Thanks guys.

All the relevant bits and pieces are on and it is ready for paint but I'm away this weekend so it will have to wait until next week. Other items included for size comparison.

08LCM3.jpg

07LCM3.jpg

06LCM3.jpg

Watch out for the gunner. He bites! :eek:hmy:

D-Day would've been all sorts of different if the Allies could've stormed the beach with a regiment or two of velociraptors....

Good work!

Thanks everyone. Even you Paul! ;)

Got back from my weekend trip and managed to get a layer of paint on it tonight. Going to try a trick from the armor guys and painted a dark base coat which will be followed by the lighter final coat to create some shading.

09LCM3.jpg

10LCM3.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem MP. A final Base coat, a few details and then some weathering. Piece of cake, right? :geek

Back