• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Adam - P-38F 1/48 Hasegawa

Adam

Late as usual. Here is my entry. I will be starting on it this week.

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

:gogo

Ah yeah my favorite bird. If you need any reference stuff Adam let me know. That is a cool photo Saul. That plane must not have any ammo loaded for the nose to be that high.

They must have had to put some counter weight up front when not carrying ammo, looks like it really threw off the CG.

So I ended up ordering the Eduard Zoom set for this. I just got the cockpit done tonight. Here it is. I also installed nose weight. I put these steel BBs in the nose and the front of both engine nacelles. I think it's got enough weight now. I also got the gear bays and booms together. I have fit everything together and trimmed and sanded where needed. Seems to be ok.

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Looks good Adam. Did you have any fit issues around the boom to wing area? I built a 1/48 Hasegawa J version and it had problems with the landing gear bay interfering with the wing fit.

Thanks guys!

Ryan, yes there was that issue. What I ended up doing was carving off the underside of where the superchargers will go until it fit a little better.

Well I finally got it all together. I did end up spending some amount of time sanding and filling and rescribing. I know have an acceptable primer coat and we are on to paint! :yipee

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Back