• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - Burton - Humber Scout Car MK.1 Bronco

Burton

Good evening,

I'm going to try to build and paint this 1/35 Humber Scout Car MK.1 by Bronco.

_MG_0005%7E0.JPG

;)

Frank

This is looking good, i hope they didn't overdo this model with trillions of microscopic parts!
:popcorn
//Mats

Goodevening gentlemen,

A little update on the Bronco Humber.

First of all I have to say I'm a little disappointed about ejection marks and the level of detail of the interior. It is really sad.

I spent most of the time trying to get some details right and filling the ejection marks.

_MG_0002%7E3.JPG

I think that in designing a kit like this, with the possibility of opening all the hatches, the manufacturer should provide the

interior with an acceptable level of detail. This is not the case in the Bronco kit and that is quite a shame because it is not

inexpensive and the Humber deserves better !

_MG_0006%7E1.JPG

On the right the kit part that is supposed to be the battery rack and on the left what it should approximately look like .

I think someone must have had a bad day at the Bronco office ! It doesn't even come close !

_MG_0005%7E1.JPG

Battery storage, a little closer seen from the top

_MG_0003%7E2.JPG

Commander's seat with a little help from Eduard ( thanks for that !)

_MG_0007%7E0.JPG

The battery switch which entirely lacks in the kit.

I think the worst is still to come because when dry-fitting the top and bottom hull well...

I'll stop complaining now and going to give my best for the Humber because I really like the look of the liitlle devil !

Thanks for looking,

;)

Frank

Hello Frank, Really looking forward to watching this one. I have one and I'm hopeful of starting it soon.

Love the scratch building on the details (y)

Randy

Thank you all, kind gentlemen for your words encouragement. Much appreciated.

Past week saw some more work on the engine bulkhead and the electrical equipment.

_MG_0003%7E3.JPG

Copper wires, lead wires, PE stuff. Too many replacement parts needed in my humble opinion.

Where's the aftermarket when you need it ? :lol: Just kidding ! Eduard came to the rescue.

_MG_0008%7E0.JPG

Test fitting the commander seat. This is a folding seat so I'm made some improvements.

I'm going to leave this module off until I finish painting the interior, this makes acces to the batteries and the

bulkhead easier.

Hope you likes,

;)

Frank

Really....Frank.......WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THIS! (y)

Looking forward to the next steps. :popcorn

Groeten,Ron.

Back