• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry-gregmc-1/48 Eduard Fokker D-VII

gregmc

I've had this kit in the stash for some time now, this seemed like a good time to build it.
i will finish it in the markings on the box lid.

100_3908_zps6cb4c086.jpg

Trying to hide the clutter on my desk.

Greg

OOPS, looks like I put in the same image twice. This is the first time I've ever posted an image so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

The other image was just a photo of the box lid, no loss.

Greg

Mmm yummy,I have this kit as well,keen to see your take on it. :D

Don't sweat about the pic's,it took me a week of pestering moon puppy before I got the hang of it. :blush:

OOPS, looks like I put in the same image twice. This is the first time I've ever posted an image so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

The other image was just a photo of the box lid, no loss.

Greg

I fixed it Greg. This is going to be a great build and welcome.

Terry B)

The kit contains two Albatros built D-VIIs with photo etch for each. You get four fusalages, two early and two with later modifications. One of the leftovers will probably replace the coresponding parts of a Roden kit I have.

Greg

I've been working slowly on the bits which will go into the fusalage. Here are a few photos.

These are the fusalage halves with the lozenge decal applied.

COCKPITSIDES-1.jpg

Next is the cockpit floor. A blurry image, I hope my photography will improve with practice.

COCKPITFLOOR-1.jpg

This is the instrument panel. The prepainted photoetch looks pretty good but the plastic is very nice too. I chose the photoetch on this project as I have zero experiance with it.

INSTRUMENTPANEL-1.jpg

Next are a couple of shots of the engine. It is not as well done as the Roden engine but very little will be seen when the fusalage is closed, I am not removing any of the panels. The pe placard is a nice touch.

ENGINE2-1.jpg

ENGINE1-1.jpg

It has taken a while to get to this point but it should go fairly quickly until it is time to put the lozenge decals on the wings. Next update will have the fusalage closed up.

Greg

Great start Greg, and um - welcome to the wonderful world of Pe!!! :D

watch the pieces carefully when cut off - they just love to vanish without a trace !!

Yes Phil, luckily they provide at least eight of the levers for the instrument panel. You need 4 I have one I didn't use, Fortunatly the other pieces used so far are fairly large and bend well without breaking.

Greg

I haven't had to much time to work on the DVII but I did get the cockpit together, close up the fuselage and get the bottom wing on. So far the fit has been pretty good but I did need to use a clamp around the cockpit, I think I should have sanded down the ammo box a bit more.

11.jpg
[/img]

12.jpg

13.jpg
[/img]

12.jpg
[/img]

Back