• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy Corsair

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I titled this as a build instead of an entry because I am exempting myself from any drawings.

I'm going for the Corsair!

CTAcorsair001.jpg

CTAcorsair002.jpg

:pilot

I haven't built a Corsair since Pappy Boyington kit back in the 70s. Not sure i'm going to use all the pilots, for one, I don't think they would be spread out on a flight deck going over the maps.

Thats not a map !! its the instructions, they need to build another 4 planes ;)

Nothing unusual there,the naval brass never know where their going so it's up to the fly boy's to find the bar. :woohoo:

:rotf

2 pages and I haven't cut sprue yet. Heading to the garage guys. Maybe I can make the pilots shooting dice!

First hurdle. The Aires resin seat mount didn't make it in shipping. Going to have to scratch build or get another set.
Second, no instructions in the Aires set??

I don't think I have the Aires set for the Tamiya but I might have a seat for you... let me check.

Regards,

The seat is ok, sort of. Aires has very delicate mounting rods for the seat and the back bulkhead/armor plate where the seat mounts to. It didn't make the trip. Might just bite the bullet and buy another set.

You mentioned how the pilots wouldn't all be together looking posed as per the box art. Normally you would likely be correct... unless they were say, being posed by a LIFE magazine photographer on the ship? Just a thought.

Are you going to use the tug? While modern, I do drive tugs at work so if you need any photos for ideas for weathering let me know. They've hardly changed in appearance in all this time.

Good luck on your build. I love Corsairs.

matt

Back