• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

John Tanktrax Marcus (updated)

jknaus

Administrator
It is with heavy heart I pass on that John has passed away according to his FB page. John has been a moderator here for quite some time and it saddened us to learn he had cancer last year. His contributions to this site were substantial including a very well done newsletter and almost all of the ribbons you see here awarded for campaigns. He was a fine modeler and a good friend. He is the reason we decided to run CTA. Something to help the world and to show our support to him as family.
RIP John. You're in a better place now.

When I can get more info I will post it here.
James

Update
"from Steve
Hi James.

John passed away on the evening of Tuesday the 18th September 2012 Eastern Australian time.

It was quite a shock for his local friends who has seen him only a day or two before when he was relatively well and were expecting to visit the next evening.

Speaking with his family who had scheduled a visit for literally the next day from interstate, his pain had increased substantially on the Monday and he had been put on morphine.

Unfortunately the morphine combined with his weakened state caused his heart and lungs to give out the next day (Tuesday) and after machines were proving ineffective at keeping everything going, his family decided to turn the machines off and he passed away peacefully late in the evening.

His family elected not to have a formal funeral service and so his friends and colleagues organized a wake for his local friends on Monday just gone.

I would really appreciate if you are able to pass on the sad news to the rest of the Modellers Alliance as you mention. It was a very important part of Johns life and he really valued the friends and people that he met there.

Kinds regards,
Steve."

James

Re: John Tanktrax Marcus

Rest in Peace John, you fought a good fight Mate! Thank you for all your support of our family here at Modelers Alliance.

Condolences to his family.

Hard to put into words at this moment, John's contributions will be greatly missed. Sail on, John.

Rest in peace John.

It seems we lose far too many to that disease. Such a shame.

Condolences to his family.

Bob and Susan

I know a lot of folks may not remember John, he had not been very active on the forum for over a year but even after being diagnosed with cancer but he still continued to make our Campaign ribbons and was active on the mod forum we have.

Here's the last build he completed, as far as I know, for the Quarter Scale 2011 campaign.

BR52-03.jpg

BR52-06.jpg

John was talented, generous and courageous. His contributions here were many. When facing his greatest challenge he did so with dignity and bravery that I found amazing. When the chemotherapy rendered his hands and feet numb he couldn't model any further, but he continued to make the badges for our builds. Wear them with pride- and cheers to you, John!

So sad to hear this news! i didn't know him so well, but i understand from all the comments what a great guy he was, and i will wear he's badges with pride!
You found peace John, i was hoping that you could be here to see the CTA campaign, but i know that you will keep an eye on it.
:drinks To a great modeller!
Mats

Wow , just saw this !!! Don't quite know what to say !!!

My condolences to his family !!!! Godspeed John !!!!

You will be missed !!! :drinks

I didn't know John as i have not been here long but the fact that so many hold him in such high esteem speaks volumes about the kind of man he was. Lets make this CTA a great success.

John will be missed and he is the reason why CTA will be a success.

Regards,

RIP John...my sincere condolences to his family...I'm building three CTA builds and dedicating them to you John...

Although I didn't knew John, I send condolences to his family,

may he rest in peace, too John! :drinks

Its not so much what a man does in life, as it is what his heart is made of. I never knew John, but will build my Spitfire in his honor. Whats posted here leads me to believe he was huge in heart.

I haven't really been around long enough to have known John but from what I have read here he sounded like an amazing guy and a great builder. Let's make this the best campaign build yet.

Back