• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Donated Prizes

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
A great number of you all have answered the call to donate prizes, we really appreciate this!

Let's use this thread to document who is donating what for the Call to Arms campaign.

There are a couple of rules we need to get sorted out.

[ol]
[li]If you donate a prize you will be expected to ship the prize to the winner regardless of where they are in the World. Failure to do this, for whatever reason, will result in banishment from this website and public denunciation from your peers on this website. [/li]
[li]If your prize is not awarded at the time of the drawing, we will request the donated prize be shipped to one of our delegates who will be named later. Your donated prize will be auctioned off on Ebay. That money will be added to our donation fund for distribution to the Cancer Council of Queensland.
[/li]
[/ol]

These rules are subject to change and open for discussion.

We will keep a list of the donated prizes on this post.

Was going to donate a few things...but I'd better stick with just the 1/16 T-34 I offered as I'm already worried abou finding a box big enough to ship it in...hope it's a domestic winner ;)

Was going to donate a few things...but I'd better stick with just the 1/16 T-34 I offered as I'm already worried abou finding a box big enough to ship it in...hope it's a domestic winner ;)
Yep postage on that one to me will be a KILLER :D

MP, i know it could be a logistical nightmare but why dont you nominate regional prizes?

As not to: "result in banishment from this website and public denunciation from your peers on this website"

Adrian

First thing, the Banishment thing would be an absolute worse case, last effort thing. We understand well that things get lost in the mail, it happens. But if you donate a prize and then just drop off, no communication no matter how many emails we may send then I don't see what other options we would have. Like I said, it would be a last resort situation.

MP, i know it could be a logistical nightmare but why dont you nominate regional prizes?

As not to: "result in banishment from this website and public denunciation from your peers on this website"

Adrian

Well...because it would be a logistical nightmare.. :dude

Well lets hash this out, it'll be sort of the same discussion we had in private. Here's the options as we saw it.

First, Everyone who donates a prize will send to a central party and when the winners are picked, that person ships out to all the winners. What happens is we double up on shipping and we still end up with folks in far off lands having to send in and most likely, sending back out to far off lands.

Second, Everyone who donates send to the winner of their prize.

If there's a third i'm all ears.

Just a thought but, I think prize donations from a producer is one thing and a win win situation for both parties, on the other hand it seems to me the logistical costs involved with making private prize donations are somewhat distracting from the whole point of what this campaign is about in the first place, raising money for cancer research.

I know from personal experience that it was cheaper for me, in one case, to purchase a kit from an online hobby store and have it sent to the recipient then it was for me to mail that same kit directly. I know it seems to be a nice way of contributing to the cause and campaign if one, say, has a kit in the stash they no longer have an interest in, but personally I think it would be more sticking to the cause and the point of the campaign if one added even half of the cost of shipping a prize to the campaign donation.

I'll be joining in on this, but looking at the prize list I can say quit honestly that I hope I don't win the B-25, and while I'm drooling over the airbrushes, being realistic I've got 3, 2 of which I rarely use.......now a new compressor on the other hand :D

I'll be quit happy with the ribbon, Cheers :drinks

I think the owner of the associated donated item sends as part of their contribution??? :blush:

Dont want to mess with the MP :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Now i've just got to decide what to donate :hmmm

Regards,

Adrian

I think the owner of the associated donated item sends as part of their contribution??? :blush:

We thought of that but that takes away from raising money. If one donates a prize in lieu of the entry fee, it takes away from raising money, which is the point.

Dont want to mess with the MP :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Honey Please!!! :stinker I"m just the IT guy around here.

Now i've just got to decide what to donate :hmmm

Regards,

Adrian

Git'er Done! :yipee

Honey Please!!! :stinker I"m just the IT guy around here.

The IT guy who with the stroke of a keyboard can:

"result in banishment from this website and public denunciation from your peers on this website" :notworthy :notworthy

I'm going big on the donation, just cant decide! Have we set a limit on $ amount?? :eek:hmy:

Adrian

Or delete 60 good folks totally by accident... :blush:

no dollar amount limit has been set. Whatever the donor would like to give.

Erm, add AT LEAST and we're good. This is a fund raiser, folks. Donate as much as you can, please.

If by chance i win a prize here, i wouldn't mind helping out with the shipping cost, after all the kit is free just shipping to cover.
Just waiting for the payment to come in then we will send in our $ :)
//Mats

"also keep in mind the winners may be able to swap around things if they wish."

Great idea MP, the kit i'm thinking of donating is pretty left field and i'd like to be sure the sucessful

winner actally wanted it, hate to see it pop up on evil bay :evil:

Maybe you could run a post competition build? where the winners build or use their prizes??? :hmmm

Adrian

Ok Guy's

Throwing this one into the mix to get you all motivated!

As mentioned before i lost my mum to cancer in October 2008, she was my gratest motivator and encourager
of my modelling as a kid, so wanted something super cool to donate!

Being half Norwegian/ half Irish Convict i thought this suitable to add to the bag!

Longboat_2.jpg
[/img]

Once the winner is announced i will have Andrea send direct to who ever takes it out!

Just dont Evil Bay it :evil:

Adrian

Back