• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Questions and comments

Will this be open to all categories of models? Targets, planes, boats in different scales etc...

Just paying the ante will get you the ribbon Barney. This is about supporting the cause more than anything else. :mpup

A wonderful place to donate and help fight something that has killed millions. My wifes family has cancer in the bloodline so count me in. How do we donate?

Just an elaboration or clarification (in case I missed it, sorry).

quote: "Rule 7. The prizes will be awarded by random drawing at the completion of the campaign. You may enter as many times as you wish but only completed builds will be added to the drawings. If you enter 4 times, any only complete 3, then your name will be in the pool three times."

Question: I assume a Donation for each model entered?

Thanks,

Bill

This is a great idea, and I'm in. I have also lost loved ones and close friends to this scourge, and I appreciate that MA is helping the cause to try and stamp it out.

I do have one question though. I see in the email sent earlier, it stated "To participate you must be a registered member of Modelers' Alliance and donate $6.00 or more to the Modelers' Alliance Donation Portal".

What currency is the $6 to be in? I ask as there could be situations where users add $6 in their national currency, but may not be eligible because it doesn't make it to the required amount in another currency.

Cheers

Rob

This is a great idea, and I'm in. I have also lost loved ones and close friends to this scourge, and I appreciate that MA is helping the cause to try and stamp it out.

I do have one question though. I see in the email sent earlier, it stated "To participate you must be a registered member of Modelers' Alliance and donate $6.00 or more to the Modelers' Alliance Donation Portal".

What currency is the $6 to be in? I ask as there could be situations where users add $6 in their national currency, but may not be eligible because it doesn't make it to the required amount in another currency.

Cheers

Rob
These dont count
Zimbabwe_100_trillion_2009_Obverse1.jpg

:rotf

Just an elaboration or clarification (in case I missed it, sorry).

quote: "Rule 7. The prizes will be awarded by random drawing at the completion of the campaign. You may enter as many times as you wish but only completed builds will be added to the drawings. If you enter 4 times, any only complete 3, then your name will be in the pool three times."

Question: I assume a Donation for each model entered?

Thanks,

Bill

Correct Bill. One donation, one build. I suppose if you want to stipulate in your donation that this is for X number of entries that will be acceptable. That would have to be arrange prior to the donation being sent in. I will clarify that on the rules. But again, only the completed entries will be put in for the drawings.

Good question! (y)

Cheers

Rob

I will change the rule to show USD. The reason we're stipulating USD is the finance committee is based in the US but will transfer the funds to Cancer Counsel Queensland.

As mentioned the price will be in U.S currency. You are more than welcome to give more money though that will not increase your chances any in the drawings. What it will do is help the Cancer fund finance more research into the eradication of this terrible disease. Why $6.00 you ask? Because it seemed a reasonable amount to get the most participation especially at this time of fiscal restraint. So please join,build a model for a cause and
Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo
CANCER

James

Well as a recent survivor, (1 year clear)I will have a go. Hope the rest of my family doesn't have to suffer the same fate down the road.

Well as a recent survivor, (1 year clear)I will have a go. Hope the rest of my family doesn't have to suffer the same fate down the road.

That's great on both counts!!! Glad to have you aboard!

Terry (y)

Oh yeah, I'm in! Hatred and loathing are not strong enough words to describe my feelings and experiences with this horrible, evil predator.

Back