• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Details posted)

Heavens Eagle

OK here is my CTA2 entry and part 2 of the Stooges build. Moe is in the "Watch Your Figure" GB So be sure to check him out.

Curly is the "Whoop, Whoop Wise guy eh?", and was in most of the early films. As with Moe this kit interlocks with the other 2 to make the scene from "Where's My Mummy" I still have to dig through all my boxed up DVD's to find the video and get a screen shot of this particular scene.

Here without further adue is Curly. . .

Curly-01-a.jpg~original

If you are looking, Moe can be found here

Larry is on hold till at least Moe or Curly are done.

"Where's My Mummy" Pt 2 Curly

How cool is this! I hope you make a cool representation of the "torch"- so many good alternatives! :drinks

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Update Mar 03)

Here's the update for Curly. I need to get him done by the end of the month. While it shouldn't be a problem, one never knows. Moe is coming along in step and is actually a very nice model. Curly has a bunch of issues. Starting with his hair. The texturing they put on his head resembled a coarse rug instead of the burr cut he usually had. The arms and calves had werewolf scars instead of a fine hair pattern. Anyway, the photos will show the full poop on the subject.

Curly-02.jpg~original

Curly-03.jpg~original

Curly-04.jpg~original

Curly-05.jpg~original

Curly-06.jpg~original

Curly-07.jpg~original

As I stated on Moe's thread, I am going to save the base finishing for Larry's build and put all 3 bases together for a single finish to all 3. Larry is going to be my subject for the cinema build in September.

Excellent Paul will be Watching ..... :popcorn I just finished watching the YouTube video of them .... Looking Good ...... :drinks :eek:ldguy (y)

Had a snow day yesterday, so got some build time. Curly's werewolf scars on the calves and arms were all filled in and all the seams were smoothed down. Then worked on the hat. Cut the brim down around the front edge and added some height to the top on the front part. Looks a bit odd until I set it on the head and compare it to photos and it is a much better likeness then. Curly's hat was really an odd shaped one. :hmmm

Just a touch base post here to bump up the thread and let everyone know what's up. Used some Mr. Color Primer Surfacer 1000 as a base primer. Worked well for surface smoothing but gives a semi gloss finish. UGH! :bang head

Then for the flesh colored areas, I used some Vallejo Desert Sand Primer for a base color and ended up with some more semi gloss! Arrrgggg! :bang head :bang head The semi gloss is really hard to paint a smooth finish over when using acrylics for me. I did manage to get a decent smooth covering of my old artist acrylic on the skin.

BUT! :blink :bang head :bang head :bang head Get it the least wet and it was coming back off! No way could I blend and shade it. So it was soap and warm water time and that paint washed away quite nicely. So I matched up some Vallejo colors to my artist acrylics and mixed up a great flesh color. This stayed well enough that I could blend and shade it. In any case the face is all done and the arms and calves are base colored. The jumpsuit is next on the paint booth. Should hve been done by now but really was dreading the paint work. :facepalm

:beer and another, and another. :sick:

Paint ...... UUUUGGGGuuuhhh .......... You'll get it Paul .... sorry for your troubles ..... :eek:ldguy

Curly is all assembled except for the hat and torch. Looking quite good. Just have some detail on the hat to paint and the flame on the torch. Base coated both the areas that still need paint in white last nite before bed. The torch is all done except for the flame which I got some great ideas from the GW site for how to make it look. The hat just needs the light blue band around it highlighted and painted. Should be done tonight no problemo. Should have had it done over the weekend but just had to do something different for a bit. :bang head :D

Yeah might have to do a time stamp on him, but he is really about 97% done for as far as I could take him. Can't do the base till all 3 are done and have some additional plans for that too. Not having Internet at home is a real pain in the canukas. :pinch:

Back