• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Firesmacker's F-16 "Tiger Meet" CTA 2 Build.

Going straight OOB with this one.

CTA2005_zps364190be.jpg

I'm thinking about closing it up and hanging it from the ceiling at my store.

:pilot

Its 1/48.

Finally got started on this. I don't know if the ejection seat is too big or the cockpit tub is too small but I had to carve out a big chunk of the seat where it was hitting the IP. That's what the guy over at the IPMS site who reviewed it had to do to his.

F-16Pit001_zpsa21cae31.jpg

F-16Pit002_zps0ab8f896.jpg

F-16Pit003_zpsa8c9b5f1.jpg

F-16Pit004_zps476b5ea9.jpg

The ejection handle looks awful but its like 1/8" across and there is no way I can make nice pretty black stripes.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, man.

I didn't think of it until a little while ago, but I guess I could have just cut a strip off of a spare black decal and wrapped that around it. Oh well, I'll do that next time.

I tried a fine, black Sharpie marker on the seat handle once. No easy neat way to get the black stripes. So far I like the colored Zooms from Eduard best! I'm diggin' your Viper so far! :good:

Hey! I'm actually working on this again!

IMG_0010_zpsqlt8l0vd.jpg

I just need to spray the nose and a few other things before I can gloss coat. I may actually get this one done on time.

I finally grew a pair and did the tail decals:

IMG_0020_zpsxhsxu9ud.jpg

Everything is gloss coated and I need to fix the paint on the afterburners as well as assembling and painting the drop tanks. After those tail decals everything else should be smooth sailing.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Back