• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Duke Maddog's CTA2 Launch: Ian's Choice: Y-wing

Duke Maddog

Okay, it is now a couple days after taking these pics, but now I have my chosen models for this campaign. I paid for two, so these are going to be the ones I'll do. I can't guarantee I'll actually finish both of them, but I'll make my best effort.

Without further ado, here is one of them:

For Ian, I'm doing this 1/72 scale Finemolds Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-wing Attack Starfighter:

CTA_II_Launch_I.jpg

CTA_II_Launch_II.jpg

The other one is under My Choice. Feel free to check that one out again.

I'm hoping to get started on these two at Hobby Day at the latest, sooner if possible.

Thanks for looking in, I'm looking forward to building with you guys again.

Duke Maddog's Call to Arms Campaign Launch

Mark you're doing two builds? I assumed you have made two entry fees then. If you want to full credit for two completed entries do us a favor, do two threads and name them as spelled out in the rules. User name and Subject. This will make the process of assigning builds to prizes MUCH easier.

:popcorn

:good:

That headless horseman will be interesting to see coming alive! :)

//Mats

Ooooooooh! Looking forward to that Y-wing Duke! :popcorn

Thanks guys! I should be getting started soon.

Mark you're doing two builds? I assumed you have made two entry fees then. If you want to get full credit for two completed entries do us a favor, do two threads and name them as spelled out in the rules. User name and Subject. This will make the process of assigning builds to prizes MUCH easier.

:popcorn

Yes, I did pay for two models. I felt that Ian deserved it and so I paid for two.

Okay, I'll edit this Thread for one build and then start a new Thread with the other one. Perhaps afterward, you could move the respective comments to the new Thread that are specific to that model. Thanks!

EDIT: Split complete. Thanks again guys for the compliments!

And may the force be with you.
(Well come on you knew somebody is going to say it sooner or later)

Thanks guys! I do hope to get started on it this week. Definitely on Friday, but possibly sooner.

And yeah Dave, I knew it was gonna be said, I even expected it to be you! LOL! :geek :rotf

This is my latest update showing everything I was able to get done this past week and a half.

This is the Finemolds kit and boy is it a fine mold! This model simply falls together far more easily than any model I've built to date! I started with the cockpit, simple as it is:

WIP_CTA_IansChoice_I.jpg

I followed up by building the main fuselage:

WIP_CTA_IansChoice_II.jpg

Later, I built the stand so I can hold this on it as I build it up:

WIP_CTA_IansChoice_III.jpg

I know it's not much, but it's a start! This one will probably go pretty fast as it is. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back