• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Skinny_Mike 1/48 scale Trumpeter F-100C

Skinny_Mike

Hello everyone!

Here is my entry into the CTA2 group build, the Trumpeter 1/48th Scale F-100C. There is a lot going on at the Skinny_Mike house right now, with the potential of the model bench getting packed up (hence the F-15 build in high gear right now!), so I don’t know if this build will get off the ground, but I will do my best to get this one running, and I am happy to have donated to such a great cause!

The obligatory start picture…

Post_1_1.jpg

…and the aftermarket…

Post_1_2.jpg

I’ve got the Aires cockpit, Royale Resin wheels, and the Master Model brass pitot tube. I am hoping that the new F-100 exhaust from Sierra Hotel is available before I get to that point, but I’ll make due if it isn’t.

Plan is to build it in the SEA camo armed up with 6 Mk-82 Snakeyes and 2 BLU-27 Napalm Canisters. Aftermarket ordnance is on the way.

Now it time to get building!
Mike

Cool beans, I have one of these in the stash and I'm interested to see how it goes together so I will be :popcorn

Unfortunatly my F-100 didn't get any further then the intake trunk getting assembled and the seam cleaned up. :blush: But I am happy to have donated to a great cause! Great job to everyone that got something finished and kudos to everyone that donated! :drinks

Skinny Mike

Back