• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 (Complete!)

Adam Baker

Here's my entry, DML's 1/35 Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M. Right now the plan is for this to be built purely out of box. I've not looked for any detail bits, and dont really plan on it.

Had thought that this had started already, but then noticed it doesnt start till Monday, so I'll update this pic on Monday when I get started.

Befehlsjager001.jpg

DML 1/35 Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M

Also Adam, and everyone else, remember the rules on this, specifically rule 3. This helps when gathering completed builds for the drawings.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms-ii/149280-call-to-arms-ii-rules

Need your user name and subject in the Topic subject.

DML 1/35 Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M

Sorry Bob, I didn't read that thread before posting. Got it fixed.

Also Adam, and everyone else, remember the rules on this, specifically rule 3. This helps when gathering completed builds for the drawings.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms-ii/149280-call-to-arms-ii-rules

Need your user name and subject in the Topic subject.

Adam Baker: DML 1/35 Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M

Ok, here's my official start images, since the ones I posted Friday were slightly premature.

Befehlsjager003.jpg

Befehlsjager004.jpg

Just a small update, to show my progress so far.

Basically the components for the drivers & engine compartments are assembled, working on cleaning up seams and mold lines and that kind of thing.

Everything test fit together.

Befehlsjager005.jpg

Befehlsjager006.jpg

I've done some research and found out that the Befehlsjager is exactly the same as a Marder III Ausf. M, w/ just the addition of radio gear, to be used as a commanders vehicle.

I'd originally planned on just building this OOB, but I've decided to try adding detail, since some places are pretty sparse, so I want to add to it. I've done some looking around at aftermarket parts, and found quite a few, but I just dont have the budget for it, so I'm going to stuck to styrene rod & sheet and wire for my detailing.

Haha, I suppose not. Thankfully so far its been pretty easy. Not looking forward to dealing w/ the suspension though, looks real finicky and fairly easy to screw up when gluing it together.

Befenjager Sounds like an German drink somebody sneezed into :drinks

Very nice! I didn't know this kit had a interior(ie and engine)

(y)

Yea, I was a bit surprised by that myself. I plan on having the hatches for the drivers & engine compartments open to show them off, so I'm going to add what detail I can.

I found a build of this kit on another forum, and the guy who did it attached all the engine components to a sheet of styrene to allow him to have the room to detail the engine, and then paint it all w/o it being inside the hull, I'm planning on attempting the same thing. We'll see how it goes.

Back