• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grace builds a Wild Stallion

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Grace got this kit Saturday for her birthday. She got two but we are going to see the first one here.

I feel bad for her as the kits she really likes just do not have a good fit. It causes her to get frustrated putting it together. It took all four of our hands and some clamps to get this together. I had her try super glue for a filler on the seams. Worked in some places but others the parts were so far off it took some putty. She was a real trooper on this and stayed with it. She did a good job sanding the seams. I started to take pictures just before painting.

DSC03033_zpsogg6klzp.jpg

DSC03034_zpssul8sj6a.jpg

DSC03035_zpsc1tyaduo.jpg

DSC03036_zpsvytajlli.jpg

First time she has used spray can primer
DSC03037_zps9ebfs0yu.jpg

She air brushed it Tamiya gloss black first then put a coat of Tamiya clear blue on the top and sides of the horse
DSC03051_zpsawh6st7f.jpg

DSC03052_zpsp8lt4zzq.jpg

DSC03053_zpssgwztjp4.jpg

I took some pictures of painting, forgot to up load them. I'll add them next update.

I'm proud of her as took some extra steps and tried some different techniques. Now just has to finish the base (y)

Wow! Grace, you've done a great job- that looks really nice. I know I'd have to do a bunch of work on that kit, too. I hope you enjoy painting it as much as i enjoy painting mine. :laugh:

1st off, Happy Belated Birthday to ya Grace!! :woohoo: :drinks 2nd, Very nice work so far on this!! Looks real good :love (y)

Happy Birthday Grace! Nice score for your birthday!

She's doing outstanding for her age; the skills she's developing are coming along fast! I am very impressed. She should be glad she didn't have a horse like my Headless Horseman's horse. That one has hair and other details that made filling and sanding so much more difficult. Feel free to look back on my Maddog Manufacturing Thread to see what I'm talking about.

She's really doing fantastic! Keep at it Grace and don't feel bad about being frustrated. We all get that way! I'm proud of you for sticking with it though.

Thanks for the comments guys, she really enjoyed reading them (y)

Maddog I'll have to show her your build.

here are some shots of her painting

DSC03038_zpscsbs7sol.jpg

DSC03039_zpslgvpfl9w.jpg

DSC03040_zpsxaxlvmqc.jpg

:bang head I forgot to have her wear a respirator :bang head :bang head :bang head

and here is her shadow
DSC03041_zpsqsclcnte.jpg

Nice! I love the intensity on her face; she's really focused. Yeah, I don't use a respirator either; I have one fan blowing everything out the window, and another one behind me blowing it toward the window and away from me.

Thanks for the comments guys she really enjoys reading them! (y)

Some pictures of her finishing up the base for this horse.

DSC03105_zpsnofqxbpv.jpg

DSC03106_zpsdovqrfvm.jpg

Done and at the big show ;)
DSC05337_zpsxyulrb36_-_Copy.jpg

She took home a bronze for her effort at her first time at Eagle Quest!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

DSC05473_zpst2xrxx7x.jpg

DSC05475_zpspcqegjq1.jpg

I saw the black stallion up close and personal I wish I could paint that good with a airbrush ... Congrats ... On your ribbon !!!

That is awesome! Like father like daughter! I envy you. Grace, congrats on the well-deserved awards. You did outstanding!

Back