• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grace builds Tamiya's T-Rex

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
She up and started this pre-gasoline creature yesterday

DSC08398_zpsb4708b19.jpg

working on getting the sprue attachment points off with a file
DSC08399_zpsad7d3094.jpg

DSC08400_zpse65e8668.jpg

fitting the parts before gluing
DSC08405_zps3eeab4c5.jpg

DSC08406_zps85dff76f.jpg

then she is trying her first time with putting the gaps
DSC08441_zps44f046ef.jpg

DSC08442_zpsbd927dde.jpg

DSC08443_zpsc13c3433.jpg

that is all for now :D

That's great to see! a future modeller in the making! looks like a few subjects there over the bench, better be careful there!! (y)

(y) (y) remember making a dinosaur once but that wasn't a tamiya... painted green with blood on the teaths grr hahaha
Your Dino is looking great so far Gace!
//Mats

Grace, I was just reading about the new Godzilla 2014 movie and then I see this! Nice!

For my son, I am using epoxy putty instead of modeling putty for large gaps. Fun to knead, roll, press in place and wipe excess off with water. Very little filing or sanding afterwards.

Regards,

Started painting! :good:

DSC01559_zps1a540f21.jpg

DSC01560_zps1f6536ab.jpg

As this is the first kit she has tried using putty on the seams. I should have watched her more closely, she put on a nice thick coat. :eek:hmy: Took her a lot of time to sand most of it. Felt bad as she would lose interest after about 10 minutes of sanding. Hope she has it finished up soon (y)

Wow, forgot to update this :blush:

She finished it just before the County fair. (last summer)

DSC02265_zps6ba63536.jpg

DSC02266_zpsae5c92f3.jpg

DSC02267_zps77d8c5e4.jpg

DSC02268_zps048eec52.jpg

DSC02269_zps4bfb850f.jpg

DSC02270_zps2ce0700e.jpg

She says it has been in a fight :v

yes grace and very good job on the T-Rec I hope you got a ribbon for it at the county fair .... this is why I run a hobby shop for the little children .... I'm glad to see you working on model building made my day ..... Congrats & a job well done .... (y)

great job grace I run a hobby store just for young modelers like you I know what it means to visit the hobby shop .... it makes me really feel good to see what you've done I hope you got a blue ribbon for the T Rex at the county fair .... you built a wonderful T-Rex enjoy modelimg and congrats ..... (y)

Wow, I just caught this! Well done Grace! You've got some mad skills girl! Are you going to bring that to Columbus? I like that he's been in a fight; looks like he took the other dino down!

Back