• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes One in November

Duke Maddog

Hello everyone. Awhile ago; I thought I'd finished my Nagmachon, but when I took the pics I noticed a few things. So, at first I was going to post this pic:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_I.jpg

But then I noticed the crooked box on the side of the fender. Not good. Then when I wanted to post this pic:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_II.jpg

...I noticed the black smudge on the back of the armor. So, I came up with an idea....

And now I can finally post the officially finished model.

Here it is with the box fixed in front:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_IV.jpg

And now for my solution to the black smudge. I decided to make it look like someone took a shot at it:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_V.jpg

And the final view:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_VI.jpg

I tried to get a closer pic of the 'damage' but couldn't get the camera to focus on it. This was the best I could do:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_VII.jpg

That was the first time I'd ever done battle damage like that before. I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Mark, that is 1/72 scale?

I couldn't imagine trying to do the photoetch detail work on that. I have a hard enough time with 1/35. :)

Looks awesome!

Cheers,
James

Mike, Luiz and Paul, thanks! I'm so thrilled to have finished this. I think it's the best job I've ever done on an ACE kit to date!

James, yes it is 1/72 scale. I was fortunate that the screens came in sheets and were actually pretty easy to attach. I have to admit, they do make this model look amazing! Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks Ian! I appreciate it very much.

Thanks Bob! I'm glad I was able to make it look convincing. It was a unique experience for me adding that.

Thanks Frank! Yeah, that's a busy one indeed. I'm so thrilled that it is finally done.

Now on to more busy models.....

I have this in 1/35 and it looks involved. I cant even imagine building it your scale. Cool fix for the smudge, I like that.
James

Thanks John!

Thanks James! For years I saw one of these built and displayed at shows in 1/35th and dreamed of having one in my 1/72 scale collection. Dreams do come true. Thanks for the compliment on the smudge.

What a nice little kit Mark. Them PE RPG bars really do elevate this kit.
:v

Thanks Eric! I was surprised that the P/E bars went on so easily. I'm thrilled with ACE for bringing this out and making it relatively easy to build.

Mark, that is a really impressive looking vehicle. I could never imagine building anything like that in any scale. Good job my friend.

Dave

Thank you Dave. I'm always thrilled to see your posts. I was a bit nervous starting this kit myself given all the photo-etch that was on it; but Alexey at ACE did a brilliant job of making it far easier than expected. I actually had fun adding photo-etch in a way I never expected! I'm so thrilled to have this in my collection.

Thanks again Dave!

Nice job Mark! Great fix with the battle damage in the rear.

An interesting beastie and a well executed build!

(y)

Back