• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor Finished in October

Duke Maddog

It ain't much but I did finish a couple models in October here. It sure felt good too!

First is my Modelcollect 1/72 scale NATO MAN Tractor with Pershing II missile that I built as a tribute to my departed friend George Creed:

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_I.jpg

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_II.jpg

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_III.jpg

This next finished model is not a vehicle at all, but it is armored; quite heavily in fact. This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Austratt turret on Ostwind Fjord:

German_Austrattt_Turret_I.jpg

German_Austrattt_Turret_II.jpg

German_Austrattt_Turret_III.jpg

That's all I have finished for now. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Wow Duke that is some neat stuff! That first one reminded me s bit of a US Scud missile!!

The Austrat turret just looks plain awesome...Nice Work!!!

Thanks Bruce! I love your great reply!

Hmmm... A US SCUD? That does kinda fit.

Thanks for the compliment on the Austratt turret too. It's a great addition to my collection.

That 3 gunned turret looks like it may have been originally planned for a vessel like the Bismark or Tirpitts. Forgive the lousy spelling. Nice job on both of these project Duke.

Dave

That 3 gunned turret looks like it may have been originally planned for a vessel like the Bismark or Tirpitts. Forgive the lousy spelling. Nice job on both of these project Duke.

Dave

ThanksDave! Bismarck and Tirpitz had twin turrets. That turret actually came off the Gneisenhau after she was damaged by a mine and Hitler declared in a rage that all surface ships were to be scrapped and their turrets added to coastal fortifications. Before that, this same turret fired on a number of merchant vessels during Gneisehau's forays into the North Atlantic. This one ended up at the Osfjord in Austratt Norway.

Thanks James! Hopefully more gets done this month!

Awesome stuff Mark! I have not seen that kit of the turret before. I just may have to look for one.

(y) (y)

Thanks Dave! Modelcollect came out with it some months ago, maybe longer. I've had that on my list of models to get for awhile. I'm thrilled it's done and on the shelf.

Back