• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor in April

Duke Maddog

After some marathon building over the past couple days, I finally have a few models to show. These are my armor models completed as of yesterday. I have eight of them finally done.

First is the 1/72 scale ACE Italian 508CN Coloniale Staff car:

Italian_508CM_Coloniale_I.jpg

Italian_508CM_Coloniale_II.jpg

Italian_508CM_Coloniale_III.jpg

My apologies for the poor pics. This is a tiny one and I seemed to have had a tough time keeping steady on this one.

In keeping with the theme of tiny vehicles and such, here is my 1/72 scale Airfix British Airborne Jeep from the British Airborne Set:

British_Airborne_Jeep_I.jpg

British_Airborne_Jeep_II.jpg

British_Airborne_Jeep_III.jpg

It also came with a pallet to land this thing from aircraft. Here it is sitting on that pallet:

British_Airborne_Jeep_IV.jpg

This Jeep above was also equipped with a trailer:

British_Airborne_Jeep_Trailer_I_.jpg

British_Airborne_Jeep_Trailer_II_.jpg

It was also equipped with a 75mm Pack Howitzer to assist airborne troops with artillery support:

British_Airborne_75mm_Pack_Howitzer_I.jpg

British_Airborne_75mm_Pack_Howitzer_II.jpg

British_Airborne_75mm_Pack_Howitzer_III.jpg

Here is the whole British Airborne Set together:

British_Airborne_Set_.jpg

Next up, my Japanese Army takes delivery of the 1/72 scale IBG Type 3 Chi Nu Medium Tank:

Japanese_Type_3_Chi_Nu_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_3_Chi_Nu_II.jpg

Japanese_Type_3_Chi_Nu_III.jpg

And finally, my Russian Army has taken delivery of three new vehicles. This first one is the 1/72 scale ACE BREM recovery vehicle:

Russian_BREM_Recovery_Vehicle_I.jpg

Russian_BREM_Recovery_Vehicle_II.jpg

Russian_BREM_Recovery_Vehicle_III.jpg

It doesn't show well in these pics, but that hook is painted a steel color. I don't know why it shows up this way.

Moving on, I also finished up the 1/72 scale Takom MAZ-537 Tractor:

Russian_MAZ-537_Tractor_I.jpg

Russian_MAZ-537_Tractor_II.jpg

Russian_MAZ-537_Tractor_III.jpg

Also, in that same kit was the 1/72 scale Takom KZKT-537 Tractor:

Russian_KZKT-537_L_I.jpg

Russian_KZKT-537_L_II.jpg

Russian_KZKT-537_L_III.jpg

And that completes my latest run of models for April. I might even have more finished in a week or three.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Sherman I appreciate the compliment. It's still the beginning of the month more or less; I do hope to finish a few more before it's over.

Thanks again for checking in and posting!

Mark,
Looks like you had a couple of get days completing all that armor.
The MAZ's sure do look great.
The Russian vehicles always look massive and a real workhorse.
Great job.
Frank
(y) (y) (y)

Thank you Frank! Yeah, I was so happy to be able to spend the time to finally finish all these models. I am also happy with the two tractors; yeah, the Russians always seem to build them big and beefy!

Thanks again for the compliments Frank!

Mark, that April grouping is remarkable. You have been a busy builder this year haven't you. You must be shooting for that magic no. 1000 armor mark for later this year, the way you're going.I have an American version of that jeep, without the Air drop pallet, and with a different anti-tank weapon. I think mine might be a 37mm. gun I'll have to check later on.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I know I won't make the 1000 mark anytime this year, I'm thinking maybe in three or four. Right now I think I'll be finishing the year with 775 at this point. It would be nice to have that many for the IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga. We'll see though. I'm still trying to get enough money together to get out there. Mike Moore, the convention chair; wants me to bring my entire collection again. If I can raise the funds; I'll be there.

I would love to see your jeep. Hopefully you'll be able to get it done.

Back