• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor in March

Duke Maddog

It's now halfway through March and I'm finally able to post something finished. These are my two latest finished armor models .

This first one is of the Military Wheels 1/72 scale Soviet SG-122. It's a 122mm cannon mounted on a PzIII chassis and hull and covered with a casemate. It was a stopgap project that only had a bout a hundred or so built before the SU-122 was accepted:

Russian_SG-122_Assault_Gun_I.jpg

Russian_SG-122_Assault_Gun_II.jpg

Russian_SG-122_Assault_Gun_III.jpg

The next one is the Trumpeter 1/72 scale Russian SA-6 Gainful. I made this as an East German machine that was repainted with the West German insignia after the German re-unification:

German_SA-6_Gainful_SAM_I.jpg

German_SA-6_Gainful_SAM_II.jpg

German_SA-6_Gainful_SAM_III.jpg

My apologies for the poor pics. These look better in person.

Well, that's all I have completed so far. Stay tuned, I have more to come.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Luiz, you are too kind.

Eric, thanks! I like that Gainful too. I think it's even more cool with the German cross on it. I do have about three more to build.

Thanks Frank! I'm glad to get them done too.

Thanks Abdin! Yeah, I've already built all "the usual panzers" ages ago. No need to add any more to my collection. It has become quite a challenge trying to find something that I haven't already built in my scale; Modelcollect has gone a long way in helping me find many more new and interesting vehicles to work on.

Thanks again for the great compliment!

Back