• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WC-51 Dodge Weapons Carrier Truck

Frank

Started this one Sunday.
Something fast while paint is drying.
h3ca1227.jpg

hf899245.jpg

Had to rework the drive shafts
attachment:3]20190101_133917.jpg[/attachment]
h2830f4c.jpg

ha11de92.jpg

Primed and read for top color tomorrow.
h1635ab9.jpg

h59f4705.jpg

Thanks for looking in
Frank

It's always good to have a project to move over to while paint is drying. :good:

Oh goodness that brings back memories! Yep, one of the $0.88 USD kits I bought at Woolworths! Thanks!

Regards,

Brilliant work Frank! I love it! Thanks for the memories. I need to get another one of these now that someone has come out with decals for a French one.

Keep it coming Frank!

Dave, you know me, Vietnam all the way.
One week build finished this morning.
One of the members of our club said that if you had one of these in Vietnam, you never walked home.
He was motor pool 1966 - 1967.
h6434433.jpg

ha64a275.jpg

Underside
hd015b62.jpg

Thank you everyone
Frank
:drinks

My family had the WC-62 3 axle version of the Dodge which we used as a water truck. I first drove it when I was 10 or 11, That flathead 6 cylinder Chrysler engine was really smooth. Many fond memories. Here's a model of it.

dodge.jpg

Frank, is that the ESCI version of that truck? I think I have one in my stash that looks just like that. This may just be what I need to build that one for my collection.

Dave

John, that rocks! I love that little truck!

Dave, that is indeed the ESCI kit, although his might have been in the Italeri box. It is still the same kit. I'd say go for it!

Thank you everyone for the compliments.
Dave,
It is the ESCI kit.
Watch the drive shafts.
They may need a bit of work (longer/shorter).
Beautiful truck John
Is that from a kit or scratch built?
Frank

Frank, the base kit was the old Skybow kit. The tank was scratchbuilt. Glad you like it. I need to take some more pictures, that was quite an old one.

Very nice.
Never heard of Skybow.
Old long ago would they have been in business?
Frank

Back