• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Final Armor for 2018

Duke Maddog

Okay, after a bit of free time for the Hobby Room, I was able to finish these last two armor models that were so close to the finish line.

This first one is the 1/72 scale ACE Italian Lince armored car. It turned out to be all wonky and misaligned, but it is finished. I'm not sure what else I could have done with this without making it a major production, but at least I have all four wheels on the ground:

Italian_Lince_AC_I.jpg

Italian_Lince_AC_II.jpg

Italian_Lince_AC_III.jpg

This next one is another one that gave me fits. I just decided enough was enough and I finished it off. This is the Riich Models 1/72 scale M-992 armored artillery support vehicle:

US_Army_M-992_Artillery_Supply_Vehicle_I.jpg

US_Army_M-992_Artillery_Supply_Vehicle_II.jpg

US_Army_M-992_Artillery_Supply_Vehicle_III.jpg

That's all for now, and for 2018. Stay tuned for more next year. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Mark, those are a couple of interesting models there. I hadn't seen either of them in my books so they are new to me.I didn't get to ask but how did you do at the last IPMS nats? Are you still a member? If things go like we are thinking, I may be able to re-join in a year or so. Where I live now, the nearest chapter is in Buffalo and no one from this area is in, so I am high and dry. If we move away from New York, I may be closer to a chapter and can get a ride to and from meetings. We'll have to see.

Dave

Way to finish Mark.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Any insight for next year, what do we have to look forward too?
1600???
Frank
:popcorn :popcorn

Mark, those are a couple of interesting models there. I hadn't seen either of them in my books so they are new to me.I didn't get to ask but how did you do at the last IPMS nats? Are you still a member? If things go like we are thinking, I may be able to re-join in a year or so. Where I live now, the nearest chapter is in Buffalo and no one from this area is in, so I am high and dry. If we move away from New York, I may be closer to a chapter and can get a ride to and from meetings. We'll have to see.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the excellent reply. The Lince is actually a captured Dingo that was reverse engineered by the Italians and produced for a few years for their army. The Germans took over production after the Italians surrendered, and later; after the War, The Italians used this vehicles again into 1946, The Italian police forces continued to use them into the '70's.

At the Phoenix Nationals, I placed Third in OOB 1/72 scale aircraft with my Meng 1/7 scale F-102 Delta Dagger done in SEA Camouflage. I apparently caused a small stir with my collection of 700 small scale armor models that were on display in the Display Only section. Yes, I'm still a member of the National organization as well as the local Orange County CA IPMS club. I do hope you can find a club if you do move. I believe there's a club listing throughout the USA on the IPMS USA website public access area so you can find the nearest one to you. I do hope you can join and that you can come to a future Nationals.

Way to finish Mark.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Any insight for next year, what do we have to look forward too?
1600???
Frank
:popcorn :popcorn

Thanks Frank and Happy New Year to you as well!

Here's something for you to look forward to during next year:

Some large sized, eight wheeled Russian vehicles; at least three along with some other Russians I hpe to get to. Some Japanese tanks, Italian vehicles and a number of Centurions. I also want to finish up the C-118, the Space Shuttle with Boosters, and a number of ships that I started. 1600? I don't quite think so. However, if my current momentum is maintained and I don't have any more severe health issues next year, I might be able to break 1550 by the end of next year.....

Thanks again guys for the terrific replies!

Excellent.
One more day for vacation, then 2019 and it is off to the races.
15 for me (maybe)
Frank
:dance :dance

LOL! I think you can make it Frank! And all of them will be exceptional quality! I'll be following every build.

I'll be starting fast and furious on New Years Day as well.

mark hope you are doing well, this are rare vehicles! at least to me, nice work (y)
is the factory working yet? :yipee

Back