• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Th Duke Completes More Armor

Duke Maddog

Hey all.

This is my latest armor models to be finished. I am so thrilled to get these off the workbench.

First off is the 1/72 scale Hobby Boss German Br-57 Panzerlok armored engine and tender. It was sprayed with a base of Panzer dunklegelb and later hand painted with the two other camouflage colors. I tried weathering with a dark brownish color at the base to reflect the dirt and coal debris that would have been kicked up during use or weather:

German_Br-57_Panzerlok_I.jpg

German_Br-57_Panzerlok_II.jpg

German_Br-57_Panzerlok_III.jpg

Next up is my 1/72 scale WWI US Army 8-inch Howitzer by Roden. Again this was sprayed with a base coat, then hand painted with the camouflage pattern. I lightly weathered this as I figured it would have been well cared for. Now I have something to hitch up to my FWD 3-ton ammo carrier:

US_Army_8-inch_Howitzer_I.jpg

US_Army_8-inch_Howitzer_II.jpg

US_Army_8-inch_Howitzer_III.jpg

It is far from my best but I did what I could with such a difficult model. I'm glad it is done!

And finally, this is Finished Model Number 1500! This completed model brings my entire model collection to the 1500 count milestone. It is the 1/72 scale RPM MACK cargo truck, late version done in US Army colors. This model also brings my total armor/vehicle count to 745 now.

Here it is all ready to be delivered to my US Army:

US_Army_MACK_Truck_Cargo_Late_I.jpg

US_Army_MACK_Truck_Cargo_Late_II.jpg

US_Army_MACK_Truck_Cargo_Late_III.jpg

Don't ask me why the tilt still looks semi-gloss; I shot that puppy with dullcoat several times. I might have to try again.

Well, that's all I have for now. I might get a few more finished by the end of the year so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, comments are welcome, thanks all for looking in.

Those look pretty good Mark! On the tarp try just misting some light dry coats of flat clear, wait 5 minutes and another light misted coat.

I think what is happening is that spraying a wet dull coat dissolves some of the underlying gloss and it comes to the surface keeping it gloss.

I really like the train engine. You should try and get a full train together for grins and giggles.

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Thanks Paul! I appreciate the tip and will try that as soon as I can get access to my airbrush again.

As for the train, I do have the full train; all 6.5 feet of it already. Here it is shown in 'pieces':

Panzerlok BP-57 and tenders:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_I.JPG

Geschutzwagewns and Kommandowagens:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_II.JPG

Artilleriewagens:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_III.JPG

Panzertransportwagens and pusher cars:

German_Panzerzug_BP_44_Improved_IV.JPG

Those are all from the Armageddon kit that I built about six or seven years ago. This engine was only recently released by Hobby Boss and they have only done two other cars that go in this train. Until they release them all, it won't be possible to do an entire train from Hobby Boss.

Thanks again for looking in and the awesome helpful comment.

Mark, as usual your builds astound me. That armored train looks like a perfect companion to your other trains. I don't know if I'd have that kind of patience, but I like how yours turned out. That WWI Mack turned out real good as well. I don't know what might be going on with your Dulcoat, but you could try some other form of flat clear for an overcoat.

Dave

Thank you Dave! I don't know what alternatives I would have for flat coat right now that are accessible to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. In the meantime, someone gave me some excellent advice that might help flatten things down. Thanks again for the compliment on the train. I didn't have much patience with that painting either. It took me a couple day's worth of time of just picking that up, doing a little here and there and then setting it aside again. Good thing I had other kits to work on in between.

Mark, I hope you had a safe and uneventful Christmas. I got some fun goodies from a member of another group I'm on, all Automotive in subject, but still enjoyed. Best wishes, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well.

Dave

Mark, I hope you had a safe and uneventful Christmas. I got some fun goodies from a member of another group I'm on, all Automotive in subject, but still enjoyed. Best wishes, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well.

Dave

Thanks Dave, it was a fantastic Christmas. The only thing I got model-related wise was an old Lindbergh kit of the A-4 Skyhawk with battle damage parts. Still, I got some good stash of money to buy more so I'll be enjoying a trip to the Hobby Shop soon. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well. I hope to see you posting more in the New Year.

Bruce, thanks! I'm thrilled to see you stop in and reply.

Nice work Mark.
Love the train. IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!
How is the back coming along?
Hope you are feeling better.
Frank
(y) (y)

Thanks Frank! I appreciate your comments and compliments.

My back has recovered nicely some time ago. I even had about a month of pain free existence. Then come Thanksgiving, I started having kidney stones. Passed seven of them between Thanksgiving Day and the day before Christmas. So far, I'm pain and med free again. I do hope I can be more healthy in the coming year!

Might get one, possibly two more models done before year end. Stay tuned!

Great news on the back.
I to have been to the VA for kidney stones.
Going down in two weeks for a final CAT Scan.
Still have some uncomfortable moments.
Frank

Back