• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Five More Vehicles From the Duke

Duke Maddog

This past week has been a good week for me since I was able to finish a few models at Hobby Day. In addition to one aircraft, I managed to finish these five vehicles. I'll start with the German vehicles I did.

First is this Dragon 1/72 scale StuG III Ausf A:

German_StuG_III_Ausf_A_I.jpg

German_StuG_III_Ausf_A_II.jpg

German_StuG_III_Ausf_A_III.jpg

The first two pics are terrible, I have no idea why they look so bad. Oh well, I'll just keep trying. I also have no idea why those decals silvered despite y three applications of Solvaset! Man, I just cannot get decals right!

Anyway, moving on, these are the three Volkswagen I managed to finish up. These are all 1/72 scale Volkswagens from Military Wheels and they are all less than an inch and a half in length. I only need the ambulance version and I will have the entire set of Volkswagens offered by Military Wheels. Now here are the ones I have finished already:

German Volkswagen Type 230/3:

German_Volkswagen_Type_230-3_I.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_230-3_II.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_230-3_III.jpg

German Volkswagen Type 825:

German_Volkswagen_Type_825_I.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_825_II.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_825_III.jpg

And finally the old standard Beetle, the Volkswagen Type 60:

German_Volkswagen_Type_60_I.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_60_II.jpg

German_Volkswagen_Type_60_III.jpg

And last but not least, I finished up my 1/72 scale Russian ZIS-5 Fire Truck from PST:

Russian_ZIS-5_Fire_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_ZIS-5_Fire_Truck_II.jpg

Russian_ZIS-5_Fire_Truck_III.jpg

As you can see (or maybe not) I gave all but the StuG a light coating of road dust to show that they are used, yet well maintained. I hope you enjoy this little lineup. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks James! I also like that pickup version. There is an ambulance version that is very similar. Once I have that one built, I'll have the entire lineup of bugs from Military Wheels completed.

Thanks Luiz and Sherman! I appreciate you looking in!

Mark, those are some fun looking little VW. Where do you manage to find such little kits? It's been a while since I was on last and I'm not keeping up like I used to.

Dave

Mark, those are some fun looking little VW. Where do you manage to find such little kits? It's been a while since I was on last and I'm not keeping up like I used to.

Dave

Dave you have been missed too. Thank you for the compliments. The little VW kits are some short-run kits from an Eastern European company called Military Wheels. They do a set of five different ones. I've now built four of the five. I got them all at the IPMS USA Nationals from a guy who sells rare and unique kits. If you want to see the VW's in progress as well as the issues I had to deal with on them, feel free to go check out my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

It's great to see you on here again my friend; I hope you can come back more frequemntly.

Back