• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Ford Moto-tug

Gator

Fun little build I'm working on while the paint is drying on my 1/25 pickup truck. This is the Tamiya 1/48 Ford Moto-tug that comes with their US Navy pilots kit. I was lucky to find that Mecum Auto Auction sold one of these and has detailed photos of the engine.

IMG_4051_zpslw6ehotn.jpg

I added some different gauge wire to the engine and will likely spray it field blue.

Thanks Mike.

Blue is dry so time to add some color to the engine.

IMG_4057_zpswbygbku2.jpg

IMG_4056_zpszauigzls.jpg

There is a funky seam in the middle of the front finders. CA glue on the back side and putty on the front.

IMG_4055_zpsmqyqkrno.jpg

Of course I can't do anything without the quality control department...

IMG_4058_zpsgyxvnyzl.jpg

Gonna do a gloss coat so I can do a wash.

IMG_4060_zpseet7gkas.jpg

Ryker says it's time to call it a day.

IMG_4053_zpsmv2satlm.jpg

Neato! I got one build and another I could do. In fact, got another Corsair i need to build.

:popcorn

I haven't forgotten about this one. Used Vallejo USN Intermediate Blue for the color. I'm hoping to have this one done today.

IMG_4082_zpsw8nhks5a.jpg

Almost done! Spray a gloss coat and add the USN serial number decals I made and a wash then dull coat. Interesting how the daylight bulb turns the blue to gray.

IMG_4084_zpswdje1o6u.jpg

IMG_4083_zpsydu9fzr2.jpg

Pup, I have also seen them listed as "Fordson" Moto-tug. It seems that there was a collaboration between Ford and Massey Ferguson at some point in time.

Back