• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer III Ausf. J early

jknaus

Administrator
Okay so I managed to screw up the Pz III M but I will get back to it shortly. I'm not really feeling like a challenge at the moment and just want to build. So out comes the Panzer III Ausf. J early.

h5a9d623_2018-08-19.JPG

The markings that come with it are flashy and from the 2nd Panzer Division. But I found some even more interesting markings and have placed an order. Star Decals 3rd Pz Reg, 2nd Pz Div. in Russian 1942.

h27038e2.jpg

Pictures coming soon although its back to work tomorrow so probably wont be quite as fast a build.
James

That looks neat, even if it is a DML kit. You will like the Star Decals. I have used them several times. I mostly buy them on fleabay from a guy called rebelfa

Nothing wrong with DML kits. Cant get better Pz IIIs and IVs and their other kits are good also. I have used Star decals a few times and have quite a few. Rebel Alpha is good but I can get the Star decals cheaper and faster from ebay from Old Dog who is in Canada.

Today was my first real day of effort and the hull is pretty well done. Some wiring to do and a few more things to add. Tools will go on after the paint. I did shave off the blobs on the jack and put on 2 handles but they are hard to see so might have been a waste. Then again I know I put them on so all is good.

h188b7b7.JPG

h5af07f3.JPG

h3f65be7.JPG

h7b643c4.JPG

ha1a3710.JPG

James

Looking good!
Much respect to the armour builders,
Bought a 1/35 Takom king tiger as a diversionary project, (from aircraft) it’s got more parts than I can count! The jack on that kit is made up of 5 parts alone.

I couldnt sleep last night so started the turret.

hc43d2a4.JPG

he4208e0.JPG

hfb3f994.JPG

h0c94eae.JPG

Have the ports open on this one.Need to mask the prism though which I shopuld have done first. One of those
facepalm moments

h9d49f3a.jpg

A good day of modeling. I am almost done the building. Just a couple of small pieces and some stuff to add after I paint. It felt good to build and do something I enjoy.

h5347992.JPG

h5b20342.JPG

h130f823.JPG

h8dba9d2.JPG

James

Well this sucks. Went to paint this morning and no paint. Will have to do a hour trip to a variety store and hope they have German Grey. If not then I am up a creek.

Don't you just hate that James? I had to do the same thing last weekend as the paint I was trying to use wouldn't work the way I wanted. Lucky for me the hobby shop is about 30 minutes away.

3dfou.gif

Don't you just hate that James? I had to do the same thing last weekend as the paint I was trying to use wouldn't work the way I wanted. Lucky for me the hobby shop is about 30 minutes away.

3dfou.gif
I lucked out. One of the guys here had a spare bottle and my son picked it up last night while I was at work. Seeing as I couldnt sleep I painted at 0430 this morning. Pics soon. Now if only the decals would arrive. On a negative note though I was informed the variety store I was going to go to changed ownership and the new owners are getting rid of all the model stuff. That sucks.
James

Pretty pleased with the paint job. I dont know why I kept trying Ammo of Mig with my mixed results. Tamiya works for me. Yesterday when I went to paint I had everything ready but no paint. This morning I had paint and did my thing pleased as punch and realized I forgot the wheels lol. I guess another session this afternoon after work. In the meantime.

h17ac50e.JPG

h75ca619.JPG

hb78fdd6.JPG

h44c9d34.JPG

Now I hope the decals get here soon. While I wait a Stug becons. I have to dig to see if I started a thread way back when.
James

So far I am thrilled with it. I just hope not to screw it up weathering it. I just wish the decals would get here. Snail mail sucks. I can get a kit from China in 2 weeks, parts from Australia in a week, but decals from Ontario are 2 weeks and counting.
James

Decals on and now comes the hard part, weathering. Not really looking forward to this stage but want to be finished.

hf13d492.JPG

hcdfb56f.JPG

h41fafe8.JPG

hf8ade01.JPG

And the Opel Blitz ambulance I started while waiting for decals. I filled in the rear of the boxes on the frame. They were left open for some reason although I doubt they would have been seen.

h5e09e5c.JPG

hb453ce1.JPG

h0d62a1a.JPG

James

Back