• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTM-3 High speed trencher

135engineer

This gem from trumpeter is next up in the bench. A few reference photos are added here for kicks and giggles

hb1ae02a.jpg

h4aef724.jpg

hfc752db.jpg

h9138de3.jpg

James. I am fully expecting this to be a nice kit. It's trumpeter with their usual degree of over engineering. The build starts with the engine and the detail is absolutely beautiful. I plan to do a bit of super detail. I will post progress as I go......... on a different note its good to be back amongst friends
:good:

I seriously doubt, dragging that thing behind it, that this could be "high speed"...but or a trencher..

Looking forward to it Chris. :popcorn

Started work on the BTM 3 engine bay, It is Spartan , Trumpeter supplies the engine and nothing else except the tanks on either side. I am using some parts bin items from a T-34 and doing a bit of scratch detail
#phantommodelworks

The rear wall was moved back to acomodate the extra detail work
hf1ee2f2.JPG

The extra goodies are from the afv t34

hc65b48a.JPG

h6cce54b.JPG

hab643aa.JPG

h71343a2.JPG

The top deck is just on to show the fit

h536a0c7.JPG

The radiator is from two different radiators to give it more depth .....still more work to do to it

h1bccfd1.JPG

Started work on the BTM 3 engine bay, It is Spartan , Trumpeter supplies the engine and nothing else except the tanks on either side. I am using some parts bin items from a T-34 and doing a bit of scratch detail
#phantommodelworks

The rear wall was moved back to acomodate the extra detail work
hf1ee2f2_2018-04-07.JPG

The extra goodies are from the afv t34

hc65b48a_2018-04-07.JPG

h6cce54b_2018-04-07.JPG

hab643aa_2018-04-07.JPG

h71343a2_2018-04-07.JPG

The top deck is just on to show the fit

h536a0c7_2018-04-07.JPG

The radiator is from two different radiators to give it more depth .....still more work to do to it

h1bccfd1_2018-04-07.JPG

Looking interesting already . That engine looks really well detailed .

I'm surprised they stopped there :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian . There are a ton of t34 parts that cross over on this vehicle. it surprises me as well that they left so much out of the mix. I started wiring the engine , fuel cells and radiator. Will get pics up soon. Other than the engine and transmission and tanks all the other stuff I have added. The insanity continues
:bang head :bang head :bang head

Christian . There are a ton of t34 parts that cross over on this vehicle. it surprises me as well that they left so much out of the mix. I started wiring the engine , fuel cells and radiator. Will get pics up soon. Other than the engine and transmission and tanks all the other stuff I have added. The insanity continues
:bang head :bang head :bang head

I sort of thought that but was not sure . Must of been over budget :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

The insanity continues. the engine is wired . Added lines to the fuel cells. The radiator is now stepped and the lines added . The remainder of the exhaust will needed to be added later
h85b8fc6.JPG

h5992712.JPG

h840b206.JPG

h4a46692.JPG

Looks pretty good, I like the extra detailing. The plug wires are a tad heavy gauge for the scale and the hole the radiator hose goes into is a bit too big for the hose, but that may disappear when everything is together.

Keep going.

Rage-well-done.png

I thought the same things . I tried smaller line and it pretty much disappeared when I put the top hull on. I did go oversize to let them show up when you look down into the bay witht he hoods open. Hopefully it works and I didn't screw everything up

Mike . this is the cab setting on it. most of this is hidden . maybe the wires are a little big. I think if I tone the color a little it will help them look smaller
he9b1713.jpg

h782103c.jpg

h4521268.jpg

I wouldn't sweat that, although that radiator hose could use a dab of filler around it where it attaches to the engine. Radiator hoses usually go over a neck, not into anything. Unless you plan to open the hood, it won't get noticed except in the build photos. I am not trying to pick, just helpful suggestions. :good:

Back