• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom KRAZ Transporter

135engineer

Let me get this part out of the way. This is one of the most exciting and disappointing kits I have ever had on my bench. Great detail. Horrible everything else. I was going to do a standard KRAZ transporter. That vision has been revised. It is going to be a retired boneyard piece

h1a03233.JPG

h5f85b95.JPG

h4745862.JPG

h4ffa215.JPG

What issues did you find with it? I have this one also and I have looked at it but havent started. Be interested to know what to watch for.
James

I didn't like it. it was like a prom date. She is beautiful and full of promise until you get ready to cross the finish line

james. to be truthful there are so many issues with it. If I had it to do again I would build the frame , followed by the cab and wheels and then add everything else. it has a beautiful engine that needs to be sandwiched between the frame sides. If you do that the cab will not fit. The whole thing is engineered as a flat kit, normally that would be good. They have taken it to an extreme. There are fit issues with almost every piece. Maybe I just have a bad example

Back