• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Two More Tanks from the Duke

Duke Maddog

Just recently I was able to finish two more tanks this month. This first one is the Modelcollect T-80U main battle tank:

Russian_T-80U_Tank_I.jpg

Russian_T-80U_Tank_II.jpg

Russian_T-80U_Tank_III.jpg

The second one is the IBG Japanese Type 89 Late tank:

Japanese_Type_89_Late_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_89_Late_II.jpg

You can see I added the Japanese flag to the side. Hopefully no more confusion about this being a Japanese tank....

Here's an overhead shot to show more of the camouflage pattern:

Japanese_Type_89_Late_III.jpg

Yes, one of the hatches is missing. Someday when I find it I'll add it to this tank. Until then, I'm declaring this done.

Just for fun, here's a couple shots of this tank next to the Type 89 Early so you can see some of the differences:

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_II.jpg

Finally, a shot of these two with a no. 11 Exacto blade to show how small they are:

Japanese_Type_89_Early_and_Late_III.jpg

That's all for now. I also finished two aircraft, feel free to check them out in the Aircraft Forums. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Cuties both! hey i like the T-80U...alot! I have the moo-lah set aside to order as soon as the 1/35 scale version come available from Trumpeter! I am trying to finish my T-72 so that when it comes in I can hop right on it!

Great work!

Thanks for the great comments guys! Yeah, those Japanese tanks are indeed tiny. The tracks were a distinct challenge, but overall these were fun models to make.

I also am very pleased with the T-80. Ian, I can't wait to see yours when you start on it. I have a few more Modelcollect models to start soon.

Duke, those are some nice looking Armor pieces. I like the T-80 the most, but those Japanese tanks were kind of interesting in their own way. Good job my friend.

Dave

Thank you Dave, I'm always thrilled to see you posting on my Threads. I've started another T-80 now too. Hopefully I'll have it done fairly soon. Those Japanese tanks were quite fun to build.

Woow nice work Duke, I dont think I can do models this tiny, my fingers are too big and will make it a challenge to work at this scale :gogo

Thank you very much. I too have very big fingers. Short and stubby. But I have become quite proficient with tweezers for the smallest parts.

Thank you very much! I had to scroll up since I forgot what tanks you are referring to. Your compliments are always appreciated.

Thanks Frank! I appreciate that very much.

I'm also a bit slower than usual. Normally I'd have about 5 or 6 done in a month. Oh well.

You may think you are slow by comparison, but your work outshines mine by a longshot so the extra time is worth the finished model.

Back