• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

James' stuff

jknaus

Administrator
Rather than make a new thread every time I start something I may as well just put it all here.
To start with, one of the kits I have been working at lately. Trumpeters T-10M.

h8543a72.JPG

heb4ac58.JPG

h10423d3.JPG

h559635a.JPG

Picking away at this fig also. Not thrilled with the leather and probably will redo. The metal looks wierd in the picture and I dont know why. It looks like a good coat with the naked eye and even with optivisors. But the camera makes it look like there are translucent areas. Really odd.

h04fb051.JPG

I hate it when the camera does that. Try photographing it in the natural light and see if that helps. (just by a window... inside... don't want you to get frostbite trying to set it up outside. ;) )

I hate it when the camera does that. Try photographing it in the natural light and see if that helps. (just by a window... inside... don't want you to get frostbite trying to set it up outside. ;) )

I was actually 0 today. Short sleeves weather lol. I might try that, go to the frony porch and take a couple of shots. It looks crappy on the camera in my eyes.
James

Try shooting with and without the flash with the subject on a plain background. I like a white sheet and "appropriated" one of our old ones for just such a purpose. :ro:

I have been thinking of doing this one too (the Trumpeter IS-3M)! I think it would be neat in Egyptian scheme!

Some more progress. Also the dump truck. Wheels arrived and found a piece that escaped earlier.

hda41765.JPG

hc5dc46a.JPG

h12e3b3d.JPG

h5998d73.JPG

h9666428.JPG

Okay a bit more this afternoon. The replacement barrel was very sloppy in the mantlet so I took some plastic tube and cut it long enough to fit the tang. Then cut it in half and glued it around the tang of the barrel.

h7b46228.JPG

Also added some PE and got the zip boxes on the front fenders built and installed.

hec0ee98.JPG

hf5f20a9.JPG

h22334c7.JPG

Wow James,

Your pouring the work on.The etch for the T10 looks great.

Keep posting the images :good: :drinks

Michael :cheer:

Looking good James! (y)

I usually take several photos of a shot that I want. Sometimes I will add the flash or turn off a light to get the detail I want. That is the neat thing about digital. I keep the good stuff and ditch the junk and it doesn't cost anything.

Wow, these are a lot of great models in progress man. Awesome work James!

I wanted to set up a Thread like this too when I first joined, but I was told not to so I always post my work in the "What's on the Workbench" Thread. I am thrilled to be seeing all your work on one place now; I love to watch as all your models come to life on your workbench!

Keep them coming man!

Back