• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiran 4

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I just got this kit last week in the mail.

Takom Tiran 4

IMG_0074.JPG

I have a couple other Takom T-55 series kits that I have not even really given a hard look at much less put glue to them. This kit looks pretty good and that's comparing it to the Tamiya T-55. One thing I did not like when I compared the two kits was the seam around the fuel tanks. I thought there should be more. I checked my reference and did a quick google check too. The Takom ones are pretty spot on. One thing I really like is they include the fuel lines. On the fuel lines in this kit there is some flash. I'm not concerned as I was planning on using copper wire anyways. It's nice that I just have to copy them. I'll add more to what I think of the kit as I go along. One other note I have found the Takom plastic is a little soft so care need to be taken when removing the parts from the tree.

Fuel tanks in question;

IMG_0078.JPG

My T-55 walk around at Fort Hood. (I had 60 or so T-54 pictures on 35mm film but loaned them out and never got them back)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1041

I have this thing for stuff being reused and modified so an IDF Tiran fits that. Also I like beat up equipment so a SLA Tiran really fits that.

I sat down the other night and cut some parts off and put the glue to them.

I removed a seam line on the lower hull with 220 sand paper.

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

And then I got distracted :facepalm

Neat! I have the T-54B that I intend to build up as a North Vietnamese tank. I too think the fuel lines and other bits regarding this tank are super-cool.

Back