• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya StuG III B Experiment Complete!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
OK, I'm at that awkward stage. I've got two builds to the weathering stages and HAD to have something to work on while the oils are drying. :laugh: SO, I pulled out one of my Tamiya StuG B kits to try something new. Here's the result of Day One.

IMG_9277.JPG

IMG_9278.JPG

IMG_9279.JPG

This kit is a gem to build, although Tamiya made the suspension articulate but supplied rubber band tracks. :sick:
We'll fix that! :eek:hyeah

Thanks for coming by, we'll be doing several firsts for me, ought to be interesting. :hmmm

:drinks

PS. This is all your fault, Unca Tony and Dr John! :evil:

Tamiya StuG III B Experiment DAY ONE

Ok, watching . I like experiments Her Doktor :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LN-2SGNSlU
I s'pose I'd better git busy on your Horse caller mould then. :frantic :smack
:ro: :good:

I know a secret, I won't tell (another old guy cartoon reference).

Gotta wait for it. :coolio

Oh man! I found this on youtube this morning, had to share it.

Worth the watch if you like assault guns. B)

Last edited:

well with the new job comes the ability to access this site...but not see the youtube links!!! :vmad

Oh well. I am a fan of the Stug, I have been wanting to get around to building one. Has anyone tried the Academy versions of this?

So what are you waiting for? Can't comment on the Academy kits, I've built many Dragon and Tamiya StuG kits and loved every minute.

If this thing had wings, maybe it would generate more interest? :coolio

Frankly I'm amazed that everyone thinks they're entitled to spend their time on the internet while drawing a paycheck .
My how times have changed :blush:

Frankly I'm amazed that everyone thinks they're entitled to spend their time on the internet while drawing a paycheck .
My how times have changed :blush:

And some of us don't get in trouble for it. :ro: :ro: :dude :pp

Well I did some looking and the reviews od the Academy Stugs say it sucks! I had a bad DML expereince, but they do have one what has the Zimmerit, the Boar's head mantlet, and the longer 75mm gun that looks particularly promising. I may have to pick one of those up in the not too distant future

Dragon has some wonky instructions from time to time, but those can be overcome with good reference photos, online reviews and good ol' Yankee ingenuity. I generally buy Dragon kits, but other companies have made great strides with respect to quality and engineering. Old kits are less expensive, but can be fraught with issues. Since one can't put a price on modeling time, a more expensive kit that builds like a dream may not be expensive in the long term. :coolio

If this thing had wings, maybe it would generate more interest? :coolio

Try building figures or Sci-Fi. Even the crickets keep to themselves. :D

I can't agree more regarding modeling time versus kit price. Good kits are so much nicer than wrestling. I do enjoy a challenge, but when bench time is short, who needs another headache?

This kit is a nice one, I like it very much. My experiment is in the assembly of mostly all the components prior to painting. Up to now, I've always added the accessories after painting, but trying something different this go.

h28b0e88.JPG

h2f23698.JPG

h308c478.JPG

h7177556.JPG

h11cc44f.JPG

hf48c79c.JPG

I've been piddling with the assemblies, making sure they fit prior to starting the paint. It seems weird to have this pile of parts, but what the heck? What can go wrong??? :drool

:drinks

Tamiya StuG III B Experiment ASSEMBLY

No wi-fi in my plumbing truck. :pp I don't even have a tricky smart-phone. :idonno
So were do the wings attach? :hmmm

Back