• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
SerBt3485CTA000.jpg

h1d93804.jpg

Maybe not needed as the photos seem to show covered nuts. These are WWII era.
ArtisanMoriNOMRP08.jpg

Very late plate track as used by T-44.
MiniArt35193T44SprueK.jpg

Sprue trees showing early road wheels too which are seen in some photos.
MiniArt35193T44SXT3485ClownBuild.jpg

Late road wheels from T-44M kit are perfect for this build and fit the Dragon kit axles.
MiniArt37002T44MSprueF.jpg

These wheels may be used so as not to make the T-44M kit unusable.
PMX35003.jpg

Yuri Pasholok identified my subject as a Factory 112 so I found the leftover Factory 112 parts on Dragon's Flakpanzer T-34(r) kit.
T3485Zavod112Clown0001.jpg

Strangely, the top bolt is missing!
T3485Zavod112Clown0002.jpg

AFV Club had the parts as well bit they do not fit the Dragon kit easily.

T3485Zavod112Clown0003.jpg

Images of the real item and my dilemma as the turrets from Anubis don't fit the type needed and the hull may be Factory 174 instead.

The subject of my entry, the Serb clown:

h2290108.jpg

Read the comments on the photos:
heabb154.jpg

h6908d22.jpg

h1721680.jpg

h68bbcca.jpg

Here we see a Factory 112 tank whereby the upper rear hull plate overlaps the lower rear hull plate and it has two large hinges.
h21b31b8.jpg

Problem is that the turret is correct for the Factory 112 with the long roof plate and lacking the starboard turret visor!
h016b458.jpg

Note that the upper rear hull plate rests on the ledge created by the lower rear hull plate and it has two hinges, these are identifiers for a Factory 174 tank.
h217d2b7.jpg

Regards,

Most interesting subject. I do like the clown face. You're going to be building this here? That will be awesome; the first time I get to follow a Build you do. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you on this 'Frankentank'. Following this with interest.

Well, a setback. Shapeways had a Cyber-Monday deal of 25% off plus free shipping so I ordered som 50 Cal barrels which are hard to make and added the Factory 174 rear armor plate (in case I needed it and seen in the last photo) and 50 Cal mounts for this build. I was notified that the barrels were cancelled as they could not print it. I can easily make the rear armor plate myself and I have plenty of PE and New TMD 50 Cal mounts to work from so I cancelled the rest of the order.

hbd53a50.jpg

Back to working on this slowly. Just a bit peeved...

Regards,

I love when people tackle conversions!

It will be a conversion indeed as the turret matches nothing I own [see below] and the hull may be Factory 112 (as I started detailing it) or Factory 174 (the conversion set on the order I cancelled). Photos will be posted this weekend. I am taking track links to work to clean up during lunch break.

h1d93804_2016-11-30.jpg

h99b3462.jpg

Regards,

I actually got half a run done today (snap tracks from MiniArt) but now they need washing as I um... got food stuff over it. :D

Photos coming as I am working on items for which the hull is irrelevant. I probably will go with a Factory 174 hull instead of the Factory 112 I started. No real problem as I still have close to 2 dozen unbuilt T-34 left (none from ICM or Tamiya though).

Regards,

Well, I need to make a decision as to the hull variant to replicate. This one seems to have the same turret and it is a Factory 174:

h217d2b7_2016-12-03.jpg

Note that the large hinges are very similar to the (round) transmission access hatch hinge. Also, the upper armor plate rests atop the lower plate:

h5622f15.jpg

h4ffeb22.jpg

So I do have the AFV Club T-34-85 Factory 174 kit from which I can take parts and adapt the rear plate. However, I will start working on the turret. I have both the clear and regular versions of the kit and will be using the clear version to save the regular version for another marking:

I am photographing the regular sprue tree as the clear one is difficult to see details.
SerbT34BAFVClubT3485Factory174SprueFa.jpg

SerbT34BAFVClubT3485Factory174SprueFb.jpg

SerbT34BAFVClubT3485Factory174SprueFc.jpg

The actual parts I will be using are from this clear sprue tree.
SerbT34BAFVClubT3485Factory174SprueFd.jpg

Regards,

I'm quite livid. I went upstairs to get my camera and the wife pulled me aside. By the time I got back to the workshop, my dog had taken the plastic container with resin pieces and decided to eat them. Of course, he got sick from all the resin and threw up.

So, I say goodbye to the MA Mori sprockets (which were to be used for a WWII era T-34-85), plus one (!) each of the aftermarket exhausts from Warriors and Jaguar, all four sets from TMD, plus some plastic parts from the kit (of which I can replace). He knows he did wrong as he immediately defecated when he saw me, killed my mojo immediately.

:vmad

Til tomorrow,

:blink :blink

Well that's a new one. I can see how that would dump your spirits for this build. Don't be too hard on the pup Saul, just doin' what he does. :mpup

I can see how that would dump your spirits for this build.

Only dumped my spirits about posting last night. I will continue. Can't be hard on the dog as he is already terrified of grown men. Today, I gave him the steak fat & scraps he would've gotten until I saw the destruction. So, we're as good as it will be.

Freckles (the culprit) left these out of a bag which contained four TMD products, Jaguar exhausts, and Modeling Artisan Mori drive sprockets. One each of whatever he didn't ingest.
SerbT34B_001.jpg

I had pulled out the TMD products to use since they are a sponsor of CTA III
SerbT34B_002.jpg

Work done on the Factory 112 but now I realize I will start over to make the Factory 174.
SerbT34B_003.jpg

Ophthalmologist's scalpel by Feather (of Japan):
SerbT34B__06.jpg

SerbT34B_005.jpg

Regards,

Well thats a sucky set back. The project is super intriguing though. Learning lots also. Watching with great interest Saul.
James

Wow, sorry to hear about your setback. Sounds like the dog is the joker here. I'm glad you were able to recuperate and that all is well. Looking forward to seeing more.

Back