• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

V100 * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

Begun in 2012, before we came-out to NZ and then relegated to the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' until this afternoon, when it was unearthed and sprayed Tamiys 'Sky'

h47252bf.JPG

h7d5229a.JPG

Stay tuned, this one may actually get finished :gogo

Ian.

V100

Have wanted this kit since it came out, will be watching :popcorn

Also there is a new walk around here

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/150611-v100

V100

Couldn't be more helpful could it !! :good: - When I bought the kit I also bought the Vanguard book and the Squad/Sig Walkaround.

Ian.

V100

Really interesting vehicle,Ian! :popcorn

Jeff provided us once again with great detail photo's. :good:

Gr,Ron.

V100

Whilst I really am 'modelled-out' just at the moment, I couldn't help 'fiddling' with this kit this afternoon - the surprising 'spring-like' temperature may have had a lot to do with this...

The progress you see here isn't all down to me either, all the filling and sanding that you see is all courtesy of Melissa Emma Jackson (Age eight-and-three-quarters). She really is a 'daddies girl' at the moment and has some good modelling skills too. Anyways here's some self explanatory photo's.

h65b9edc.JPG

h0a46146.jpg

Yep there's a lot of sink-marks that need attention, and there's a h*ll of a lot of doors and hatches aswell.

ha2b6397.jpg

h55e92e5.jpg

h654088f.jpg

I did all the running-gear last week. Took about ninety minutes, lots to see, even when the huge wheel/tyres are in-place.

AFN, thanks for looking.

Ian & Missy

V100

Glad you progressed so far! I didn't get a chance to dig out the chest of material I sent to Trumpeter who then released the kit under Hobby Boss (for whom I have no connection and therefore no samples).

Jeff's walk around image set is excellent. I have both the civilian and military manuals (field and technical) as well as 1/4 scale blue prints (yes, actual blue ink plans) of the variant they never released; XM706E2

Regards,

V100

Aw the forgotten ones .... I have lots of those .... I blame ... after market add ons for the delay ... Looking very good Ian coming along nicely ... :good:

V100

:soldier Getting very close to final close-up and the start of the painting.

All the upper hull has been built now with the exception of the lights and their guards. The whole light units are clear so I'll need to 'reverse paint' them from the inside out, not a problem but may take a little time.

The plethora of vision slots will all need painting too - either clear blue or clear green, I'll go and check my refs again on that one. Now it's virtually built I can tell you it's a heavy wee beastie even without the mountainous tyres !!

AFN, more soon, as ever all comments criticism and questions are warmly welcomed.

hfe2d319.JPG

had10cf4.JPG

hd78823d.JPG

hca94862.JPG

Ian.

Back